League system queue dodge penalties

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SirBoabrius

02-02-2013

Here is my example about this new system:

-I start solo queue for ranked game. all fine, we pick our champions and player 5 goes support. she picks nidalee (not serious support IMO), i thought "this will be really really bad, i should dodge" but wait, from now on if i dodge ill lose league points... soooooo? i decided to play this way considering CAIT/TARIC combo as enemy team.
End of the story? obviously, nidalee bought 100% (let me say it again, 100%) AP items, no even sightstone or phylo stone either, no even oracle, and we were playing 100% of the game totally blind (i played AP mid and bought like 15 wards instead of spending that money buying ap items) and we lost the game.

Should i have to report nidalee for unskilled player or post on this forum to THUMBS DOWN this new system?

pd: im not going to play ranked anymore you know why? i cant leave elo hell (im 1270 ELO+/-) this way because before this patch i dodge 70% of the games and now ill lost points doing this. worst idea NA

lFalse Kingl

02-02-2013

Ok, now I find this funny. HAHAHAHA! I am laughing, ohh the tears, ahahahahah!

To avoid listing all the negatives, I'll post something positive. This made me laugh.

Now let me wake myself from this dream. Comon, wake up from HELL! It doesn't seem to be working, is this actually true?

Please Riot, don't hurt me anymore. Isn't this http://www.lolking.net/search?name=lfalse+kingl ranting have been punished enough already?

Moss Man

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
3. Some players started using queue dodging to micromanage their Elo gains and would dodge whenever they perceived the matchup to be unfavorable.

Yegg,

Perhaps I misinterpreted the meaning of this 3rd point as negative aspects of removing elo penalties on queue dodge but I have to be honest... this really made me angry. (and yes I take this game WAAAAY to seriously. All my other friends play this game and laugh at how serious I take it and I'm not even that good!!!)

but I digress...

How can you list this as a possible negative consequence when we as a general community feel like the odds are constantly stacked against us in terms of gaining elo? Queue dodging is one of the few advantages a player had in managing the amount of troll and other poor players one gets in a match. And if you tell me that some players were having success in gaining elo in solo queue by dodging when they deemed they had a weak team comp how is that a problem? They don't have direct control over what other teammates choose (or how they play) and if they can correctly identify poor team comps I say more power to them for dodging!

One of the problems with your ranking system is the general powerlessness you face as a single (perhaps better...) player on a team of five and I feel that anything that gives that player more control OVER HIS INDIVIDUAL RANKING none-the-less should be taken into consideration and not automatically assumed to be negative.

I completely disagree with point 3 of your argument over why queue dodging penalties should be reinstated. In general these changes are really scaring me....

I'll have to play and experience for myself, I realize this is a new thing but I wanted to voice my opinion.

Hattricks

02-02-2013

Was forced to dodge 20 minutes ago. Everyone had said their rolls. One of the players in champion select did not say anything. It was his turn to pick a champion and he picks ADC. When I had already picked ADC. I was way before him to pick and no one wanted to dodge. Most likely because of this system. Not to mention a second troll picked. He did not want to support, so he picked middle when middle was already taken. So two ADC'S and two middle. /GG

But why is anyone penalized to dodge a Que because of the troll? I see more dodge queuing from non-trolls. Trolls do not care what role you pick. They will pick it regardless of what you say. They might want to win but they will always force their way into that roll and most of the time they are bad because they only know how to play that one role that they forced them selves into.

So now I am forced to dodge a Que and lose LP AND have a time limit or I have to wait and see if someone else wants the penalty but GUESS WHAT they will say? Just guess... "I already dodged a que and lost my LP, I'm not dodging". What if the whole lobby had already dodged a game. Well I'm forced to dodge again because I refuse to play with a troll. Take this penalty off. Id rather have the time limit than lose my LP.. When you are in low Elo like me this is terrible to those of us who want to get out of low Elo. When you are in low Elo you have these problems every other Champion Select. This is a ridiculous idea.

PS: 33 pages and 40 something likes on OP. Something seems terribly wrong with this picture.

TeamShades

02-02-2013

Please rescind this and instead focus on removing queue dodging trolls in ranked. When we are paired with trolls why do the legit players have to dodge to avoid losses?

I believe this is a bad decision that actually works in favor of the "trolls."

w0nderw4ll

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyCake View Post
yup, i agree people think trolls are there to lose but they want to win just as bad.
this will actually result in less troll picks in champion select since trolls now have less leverage since now nobody wants to dodge

upvoted +10
Stop riding

Tesla Effect

02-02-2013

This actually feeds the trolls even more.

Sp1der

02-02-2013

so far I've encountered less trolls. But I have only played a few games

Cptrussia

02-02-2013

This is stupid. Just plain stupid.

This just happened to me, I haven't played a single game yet but I'm at the bottom of my bracket because I had to dodge an afk draft pick. Its unfair that I have to be penalized for what other people do wrong. Also, it doesn't stop trolls, it promotes them. People don't want to deal with people who are @$$ hats, and it comes down to taking a loss (bigger LP drop) or taking the lower point loss, but not being able to have a chance at gaining LP.

While that might sound like a rant, I'm hoping that I bring up a good point.

XylemUP

02-02-2013

I've come up with a system that I cannot figure out any way to abuse, but still seems like it would fix the troll problem.

See my thread here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3078375