Why mess up Ezzy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rynamir

02-01-2013

Whats with the sudden die hard effort to make Ezreal AD, its stupid, did they even ask about how players felt about it? I for one have always loved and played Ezreal AP, and all these changes and saying its to improve AD Ezzy THEN we'll look at AP Ezreal...its stupid and inconsiderate, why "fix" whats not broken. Riot is forcing a comformity, "We're going to nerf AP Ezreal so hes ineffective in combat forcing players to go AD in order to do real damage." Even the recommended items are now AD based so it takes longer in the shop to find your AP build. Wtf Riot come on!

Sir Thronk

02-01-2013

First of all:
Ezreal.

Second of all:
No. It'll be fine.

Rynamir

02-01-2013

Yeah i fixed the spelling i was typing to fast. It just seems unfair to totally change the ratio to make him more AD with little to no consideration of those that main him AP.

Schtauffenz

02-01-2013

AP Ez is stupid.
AD all the way.

Hartlem

02-01-2013

I have to agree with Rynamir, here. AD Ez is NOT the only way to play him, and because of the over-emphasis on that style, all other play styles get bashed. With AP Ez, you get tremendous burst from his W and E, not to mention it's effects on his Ult. Yes, with AD Ez you get a high Q and Ult nuke and strong auto-attack, but it still tends to lack a few clutch maneuvers, like a life-ending Essence Flux when your opponent ducks behind minions, etc. In my own opinion, however, I strongly advocate Hybrid Ez. With such a style, it's possible to have a constant barrage consisting of his entire skill set. Along with Life-steal on his Q and Spellvamp on everything else, his sustainability can't questioned and the mix of AP and AD makes him extremely adaptable.

With all their boasting that the new items offer a more variety of builds, I can't see why Riot's been so strongly suggesting specific style on so many Champions. Tank Vi is not the only way to play her, Warwick is not ONLY an AD DPS, and Miss Fortune can be played in so many more ways than JUST an AD carry. The chance for variety is evident in so many champs that Riot should show more build options.

Rampant Poncho

02-01-2013

AD Ez is extremely overrated in my opinion. He can't trade evenly with any ADC's and can't carry a game nearly as hard as the other adc's in the game. If you can harass him enough in the early game and make him lose cs he will be almost completely worthless late game. I can't remember the last time I saw someone play AP Ez but AD Ez's are everywhere. His harass is highly predictable and his aa range isn't that great. Stay behind the minions like you would with blitz and he wont be able to q harass without using arcane shift (which would be a death sentence unless you're low enough hp for an easy kill).

Aungonil

02-01-2013

If you have a champion that has a 57% popularity rate while his base concept(magical explorer) is really not that attractive, you have a balance problem.

Ezreal is far too mobile to dish out the kind of damage he does right now, especially compared to other AD carries.

Phryke

02-04-2013

should i start quoting theoddone? ezreal is a trash champion.

GiottoXIII

02-04-2013

ezreals flash seems pretty nominal to me comapred to corki's valkyrie or grave's dash and both put out more burst but ezreal is good in his own blsated way... fking kiting like a pro...

Poofums

02-04-2013

Quote:
These changes are a continuation of our earlier effort to carefully scale back some of Ezreal’s excess power. Although these nerfs affect AP Ezreal, right now we’re focused on stabilizing AD Ezreal. After that we’ll assess the state of AP Ezreal.
This thread is invalid.