Wouldn't a stacking mana cost work better than a huge health cost on Soraka's W?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlumlordThanatos

09-09-2014

I would think that the best way to balance W would be to give it the Kassadin treatment. That way, even if you built a ton of mana, you would OOM quickly if you spam-healed too much.

Was that considered? If so, why wasn't it a good solution?

Bryan1714

09-09-2014

with its low cd just build tear and ur fine after it stacks and chalice if needed, so i dont agree

SlumlordThanatos

09-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan1714 View Post
with its low cd just build tear and ur fine after it stacks and chalice if needed, so i dont agree
I dunno, Kassadin still OOM's pretty fast if he Riftwalks too much, and he builds a ton of mana items.

It works for him. Why not for Soraka?

Bryan1714

09-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlumlordThanatos View Post
I dunno, Kassadin still OOM's pretty fast if he Riftwalks too much, and he builds a ton of mana items.

It works for him. Why not for Soraka?
it depends on how long the CD is to reset her mana cost, how much the mana cost increases by and whats her base mana

SmokingPuffin

09-09-2014

Sounds like a ticket to oppressive solo lane Soraka.

Fried Noob

09-09-2014

A stacking mana cost wouldn't work as well on Soraka. Because you aren't going to be spamming heal, the stacking wouldn't affect you unless the stacks took 1+ min to wear off. Add that to chalice and/or tear to reduce the effect of the mana stack and it becomes negligible.

TimmyWimmyWooWoo

09-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fried Noob View Post
A stacking mana cost wouldn't work as well on Soraka. Because you aren't going to be spamming heal, the stacking wouldn't affect you unless the stacks took 1+ min to wear off. Add that to chalice and/or tear to reduce the effect of the mana stack and it becomes negligible.
It could also affect the ratio.
So it gets bigger & cost more.

But I think it should be a flat hp cost with a stacking system.