The Reign of Anger, a Renekton thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tipou

02-01-2013

Hello, i am here today to discuss about one of my favorite champion, Renekton the Butcher of
the sands.

I've came up with some ideas about how Renekton could use a more suitable passive, working
with his fury based ressource.

First, what exactly is Renekton passive?

Taken from the league of legends wikipedia:

Reing of Anger, Renekton gains 50% more Fury from all sources while below half health.
While being favorable for 1vs1, this passive really falls off considering you need your
cooldowns off to maximise the damage or healing output you could use with this passive.
Also, His ultimate Dominus, generates 5 Fury per second for 15 seconds (total 75) which is already a boost to his fury generation.

Secondly, what would you change about it?

I would completly change it, giving Renekton a Tryndamere-like passive which would go like this:

Reing of Anger, Renekton receives 0.20%/0.25%/0.30%/0.35% armor penetration for each point of Fury he has. Fury now decays after 8 seconds of being out of combat (down from 12)

This would mean that at 100 fury and level 16 minimum, auto-attacks and physical spells would have 35% more armor penetration which is basicly a free last whisper.

While being really strong, keeping Renekton at a high Fury count would still be relativly
challenging (The bonus scale with level 6, 11 and 16 so he doesn't start with a possibility
of having 35% armor pen at level 1), his spell automaticly consume 50 fury if his fury count
is higher than 50 and also decays 4 seconds faster than before, so leaving lane will mean
loss of his advantage.

This will bring 3 things:

- A Greater scaling into late game as you will be able to deal more damage and build more
resistance (His ultimate generates 75 fury over 15 seconds which would be a free 26,25%
armor penetration
)

- A more active passive, meaning that there will be a difference if you hit someone with 0, 50 or 100 fury, waiting to get 100 fury will be really more rewarding, your opponent will
have to be sure you spend the fury or make you get out of combat before you get 100 fury.
Since you abilities will automaticly consume fury, baiting an enemy Renekton to Cull the Meek, Ruthless Predator or Slice (see below to be aware of my second change!) by forcing him to try to engage of flee from you.

- A better jungling, with the changes on his Slice and Dice (see below)

Some people would say, but wait Tipou! Renekton as already this kind of armor shreds on his Slice and Dice! It's even better since it can be applied on multiple enemy and also help your team!

Yes, I am aware of this, but I'm still thinking that this should not be there.
So there I am explaining another idea,

Slice and Dice :
Slice (Active): Renekton dashes forward, dealing physical damage to targets along the way. If he hits a target he gains the ability to use Dice for 4 seconds. When Renekton has 50 or
more fury Slice deals 50% additional damage and increase the attack speed of Renekton by 20%/25%/30%/35%/40% for 6 seconds. Consumes 50 fury.

Dice (Active): Renekton dashes, dealing physical damage along the way. (no more bonus damage of dice, moved to slice, armor shred changed to bonus attack speed)

But why? This is kind of bot a nerf and buff to Renekton, bonus attack speed will help in the jungle and even in lane (you get armor penetration from auto attacks too), you will get the bonus without using your second dash (if possible) but also make Renekton fall back if you engage badly or you are forced to slice away ( a gank or harrasment)

In summary,Renekton gets a better passive (% Armor penetration based of fury), while having nerf to his
Fury (Decays faster, Slice consume 50 fury instead of dice), a better jungle possibility
(free armor pen while skills are on cooldown, bonus attack speed with empowered Slice) and Overall a Great
improvement on Renekton that gives him a better quality of gameplay!

Numbers can always be changed, any sort of feedback is appreciated!

Nekroz

02-01-2013

bump

Tipou

02-01-2013

bump

Tipou

02-02-2013

Shameless bump, looking for negative and positive feedback guys!

SpookyCake

02-07-2013

bump

PakHunt3r

02-08-2013

Okay,
Let me start off by saying that I like these ideas.

While I agree his passive needs to have more of a role, i think a free last whisper might be a little strong... maybe like 10 % extra armor pen with full fury, maybe 15%....

I think we could always fiddle around with the numbers, but this is a good idea towards making him a viable late game champ

I've been waiting so long for ren buffs and this would definitely help

Overall, good ideas bro

Xoj 21

02-08-2013

why bufff a Top lane that have no counters?

Tipou

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PakHunt3r View Post
Okay,
Let me start off by saying that I like these ideas.

While I agree his passive needs to have more of a role, i think a free last whisper might be a little strong... maybe like 10 % extra armor pen with full fury, maybe 15%....

I think we could always fiddle around with the numbers, but this is a good idea towards making him a viable late game champ

I've been waiting so long for ren buffs and this would definitely help

Overall, good ideas bro
I got to agree tuning down a bit the armor pen would also work, maybe lowering it at 5% max level 1, 10% at 6, 15% at 11 and 20% at 16? I mean renekton does very well on the lane, it's just that he got problem after that and thats what i was aiming for. Thanks for the reply mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoj 21 View Post
While I got to agree Renekton is strong at the Top lane, these changes are oriented more toward the laning transition and the jungle aspect of the character. Also why isn't he always top lane if you can't counter him with any champion that you could go Top lane?

Peligrad

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoj 21 View Post
No counters? Obviously this kid does not play Ren...

Edit: Yup...plays 2 champs, no ranked experience...was recently beaten by Ren.

I hate when noobs think they can make balance judgements like that...

PakHunt3r

02-08-2013

Agreed.