New Dodging?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Charcole

02-01-2013

"The time penalties for queue dodging have been shortened and an LP penalty has been added"

So you are penalized for 1) trolls on your team or 2)recognizing your team can't possibly win and you'd rather not waste 10 people's time? I like the shortened time penalty, but why add an LP penalty?

Jerk9003

02-01-2013

I would honestly like to have 10 minute ban for ranked if you dodge and no elo penalty. That way people who dodge to get away from trolls aren't penalized that much, but people who dodge for no reason are still penalized a little bit. Then it can add 10 minutes each time you dodge.

Dowwnwind

02-01-2013

seems theyre forcing u to play with everybody anyway, u know, everyone gets a chance.

however i feel there should be another list outside of the friendslist. you put people's summoner names on this list you dont want to play with, and the game, when you que, checks your list and filters those players out of your game.

you cant play with them, and they cant play with you. problem solved, and case closed.

Zombiemaster

02-01-2013

They have to have something significant as a penalty, otherwise people would dodge a lot more often. Either a higher time penalty, like the 30 min wait we had previously, or losing LP. Riot discourages dodging because when you dodge, you're voluntarily forcing the other players to wait longer to play a match.

Dsg19319

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowwnwind View Post
seems theyre forcing u to play with everybody anyway, u know, everyone gets a chance.

however i feel there should be another list outside of the friendslist. you put people's summoner names on this list you dont want to play with, and the game, when you que, checks your list and filters those players out of your game.

you cant play with them, and they cant play with you. problem solved, and case closed.
That means most ppls list will filled with Mexicans and Brs -_-

laxjoh

02-01-2013

I don't like this new rule for dodging. Sometimes you have to dodge because you get "lucked" out with 4 trolls in your team. It's like winning the lottery but it's bad for your mental health.

Mothalius

02-01-2013

For all the people saying "They had to add in a penalty to get people to play more." that makes 0 sense. As this 100% encourages trolls. Trolls will flourish because they know people will be less likely to dodge now. You think people troll to make you dodge and waste 30 minutes? No, people troll so they can be in-game with you and make you lose. They WANT to be in-game with you. This will increase those chances. I disagree with the LP penalty. Either a Red is gunna need to provide a very good response as to why the LP penalty exists, or I'm going to keep assuming it's nothing but stupid.

chris2423

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

the LP punish does nothing. don't worry about it. it doesnt affect your MMR which is used for matchmaking. if your MMR is higher than your LP, then you will gain more for wins and lose less for losses...promotions and demotions ultimately depend on your mmr.

Zombiemaster

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothalius View Post
For all the people saying "They had to add in a penalty to get people to play more." that makes 0 sense. As this 100% encourages trolls. Trolls will flourish because they know people will be less likely to dodge now. You think people troll to make you dodge and waste 30 minutes? No, people troll so they can be in-game with you and make you lose. They WANT to be in-game with you. This will increase those chances. I disagree with the LP penalty. Either a Red is gunna need to provide a very good response as to why the LP penalty exists, or I'm going to keep assuming it's nothing but stupid.
If there wasn't a significant penalty, then people would just dodge for any little thing that they don't like, thus increasing dodge rate by a huge amount, which is something Riot doesn't want. This would then increase the wait time to actually get a game started by a huge amount as well. Think about, you might have to wait around 30 min to actually get a game started due to all the dodges if there wasn't a big penalty.

TheNiedg

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiemaster View Post
If there wasn't a significant penalty, then people would just dodge for any little thing that they don't like, thus increasing dodge rate by a huge amount, which is something Riot doesn't want. This would then increase the wait time to actually get a game started by a huge amount as well. Think about, you might have to wait around 30 min to actually get a game started due to all the dodges if there wasn't a big penalty.
" this is why you need to make a fives team, practice with them, then when ur all consistent with playing with each other, then go for ranked!" but the down side to solo que is that everyone is demanding the same positions and troll. most people go into game not expecting to troll, but to get there position, and if not then they troll becasue its unfair. and really it kinda is because riot in solo que should just randomize ur position so they pick any role for u, and if ur not obeying the role u are picked then get penalized!