Oh hey guys, look at all the stuff Nome did for us in this patch!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rewenger

02-01-2013

What I find more funny is that dominion has its own tab in the profile. Yet just normal. Haha.

Malah

02-01-2013

What're you, new here? Dominion players don't get stuff.

Also: quit feeding the troll, you morons.

trustmeimdoctor

02-01-2013

I'd love to see ranked and other nice things for Dominion, but I'm not sure this is helping.

nukular power

02-01-2013

I'd like to see Riot acknowledge that Dominion exists outside of this forum.

But I'm not holding my breath.

SlasherBag

02-01-2013

I suppose this is the life of a dev. Demonized when change doesn't occur, demonized when change does occur. How many updates happened to dom between last year and this year, and how many can we attribute to Nome? "Oh, but they weren't the changes I wanted!" grow up. Shyv and wizardlizard have become viable, mages have a counter to bruisers, energy champs became more viable as a whole. "Yeah but we STILL don't have ranked and Kass is broken as ****!" The first one is out of his control atm, the second is being worked on. What more can you ask from one guy working on 3 different modes, 2 of which are more popular than Dom. The bottom line is we have fewer dom specific problems now than we did before and that is progress. I'll take it over nothing, which was the direction this mode was headed in before.

Stiff Tacos

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFerric View Post
What more can you ask from one guy working on 3 different modes, 2 of which are more popular than Dom. The bottom line is we have fewer dom specific problems now than we did before and that is progress. I'll take it over nothing, which was the direction this mode was headed in before.

Agreed. Lately, the Dom subforum has been reduced to threads whining and whining about things everybody already knows. QQ'ing nonstop isn't going to motivate Nome any more than he already is. And there have been improvements; Nome recently fixed the Teemo apocalypse by changing lightbringer and sweeper. The Dom community is much too quick to forget what he has done right and criticize what he hasn't done yet.

Malah

02-01-2013

Both sides have equally fair points.

Those who have been around for a while have seen the progress and think that those wanting more are spoiled brats, but those people look at the rate of progress on more mainstream maps and think it's BS that we're not getting that too. The problem doesn't rest with Nome, it's with the people who aren't giving us more people like him.

SirLucious LftFt

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malah View Post
The problem doesn't rest with Nome, it's with the people who aren't giving us more people like him.
hit the nail on the head right there

Redeemed In Fire

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malah View Post
Both sides have equally fair points.

Those who have been around for a while have seen the progress and think that those wanting more are spoiled brats, but those people look at the rate of progress on more mainstream maps and think it's BS that we're not getting that too. The problem doesn't rest with Nome, it's with the people who aren't giving us more people like him.
I have been around on Dominion for close to a year and a half, since a good 3 or 4 months before the introduction of Nome. And no, what he's done doesn't count as much progress. 2 items, a handful of aura changes, and a few relic changes? Please. I'll give you that season 3 rework did a huge number on what changes COULD be made till that settled down, but he had PLENTY of time before that to do other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golly View Post
Listen, I know it's frustrating when patch after patch it feels like we are getting the short end of the stick, but it really does nothing for us to make an enemy of Nome.

I honestly think our energies are wasted by blaming him. I don't think he his acting as the arbiter of Ranked and gleefully denying us. It just makes no sense.
I'm not mad at Nome or blaming him or anything, I'm A: upset at the rest of riot who ignores the existence of Dominion and B: upset with the general Riot attitude of "we were flaky when communicating on a few things so the only solution is to not say anything evarrrr".

Cauldrath

02-02-2013

Honestly, it looks to me like he's currently just focusing on champion viability, but itemization has suffered tremendously for it. Sure, you can play a few more champions more reasonably before, but if you just accepted that you had to pick from the top 30% of champs before, the game was better. Maybe I'm old school, but I care more about good gameplay than having a giant roster.