Why are AFK reports showing up in the Tribunal?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Noob Feeder

02-01-2013

I thought when asked about double jeopardy of the leaver buster and tribunal, Riot said that reports for AFK where people actually left the game wouldn't be sent, but I see this all the time in the tribunal, where players are reported for AFK and are shown leaving the game.... The hell Riot.

170 Calories

02-01-2013

I think its because there is a difference between being actually away from key board which leaver buster will catch, and having a guy sit in base and moving every 30 sec to keep leaver buster from catching them.

Enterti

02-01-2013

Ragequits are bannable IMO, leaverbuster is more meant for connection issues and people who don't know that leaving is bannable. The Tribunal is better at cleaning up Ragequiters (who otherwise only get temporary punishments)

Shunkwugga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Leaverbuster only works if the person isn't trying to trick it. You can make one move every couple of minutes and not get flagged by it, but still be technically afk.

Dota 2 has a different system where if you don't gain any experience in a set amount of time you're flagged even if you're moving around a lot.

Exploding Barrel

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 170 Calories View Post
I think its because there is a difference between being actually away from key board which leaver buster will catch, and having a guy sit in base and moving every 30 sec to keep leaver buster from catching them.
Pretty much this. But I won't be surprised if that report option goes away when they finally get around to revising the report reasons.

Fanaticmogg

02-01-2013

Maybe leave reports show up if the player was reported for another reason in the same game?

There's also the fact that people can bypass LeaveBuster, but then they're not disconnected/AFK, so it's not technically this offence (in that case, it would be trolling/Assisting Enemy Team).

A Noob Feeder

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterti View Post
Ragequits are bannable IMO, leaverbuster is more meant for connection issues and people who don't know that leaving is bannable. The Tribunal is better at cleaning up Ragequiters (who otherwise only get temporary punishments)
How the HELL can you tell the difference b/w a rage quit and someone d/c'ing in a game they happened to be doing bad in?

A Noob Feeder

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticmogg View Post
Maybe leave reports show up if the player was reported for another reason in the same game?

There's also the fact that people can bypass LeaveBuster, but then they're not disconnected/AFK, so it's not technically this offence (in that case, it would be trolling/Assisting Enemy Team).
No... I've seen reports where ppl get reported for "afk" when the game outcome is "leave". Pretty sure leaver buster caught that.

Enterti

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Noob Feeder View Post
How the HELL can you tell the difference b/w a rage quit and someone d/c'ing in a game they happened to be doing bad in?
Any variation of "I'm afk" generally indicates it pretty well.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

02-02-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Just to confirm, are Leaver/AFK reports showing up in Tribunal cases, or are you referring to the fact that some player's have the end-game status of "Leaver" instead of Win/Loss?

Leaver/AFK reports should not show up in Tribunal cases, and if that's the case I can look into whether it's a bug.