We ever going to have Lore Events again.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Levik

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vongeo View Post
There is a thread on lore based match making ques.
Wow, I didn't realize that this thread covered the same material as mine. If anyone wants to post on mine with material specific to lore matches feel free to and it can also be left to die, I don't care. I just want to see this come to life! I would enjoy any conversation on the topic. My thread if you get lost:here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoactzin View Post
Hmmmm. Could we have some sort of loremaking contest? Fanmade entries for the Encyclopedia Runeterra that are verified as canon?
I don't know if non-Riot lore would be the best, I know that there are a lot of really talented writers in the community and a lot of people who follow the lore very closely, but Riot probably has tons of back-story that they use to build new champions and elements of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulsigae View Post
What if the League was also an arbitration system for things like trade disputes and such? Like a more powerful United Nations or other organizations. Noxus declares that Bilgewater is using unfair trading practices in their export of fish paste. BATTLE. Piltover wants a new canal built, but Demacia says it would create a weak point in their own defenses. Etc. Mundane things and not just 'FATE OF THE WORLD' each time.
I thought that this could be used with lore based matchmaking queues that whichever city-state won that particular match got some sort of bonus for all teams aligned with that state, like ward skins or a very small IP boost. Games like these would be random occurrences within the actual lore queue. There would be some kind of thing that popped up stating the issue and the prize (in lore and the actual matchmaking incentive). The different leagues could decide different things, like Bronze can decide small things like Xulsigae stated while Diamond can handle land disputes and war matters. Bronze matches like these would me more prevalent and give smaller bonuses since they will be changing hands a lot more often (just because of the skill level) while Diamond matches would be more rare and the benefits would persist for longer. This could be because there have to be a specific time period before "rematches" so the bonus wouldn't be lost as soon as it was gained. Finally, there could be an interactive map of Runeterra to see what disputes are ongoing (which would allow spectating) and which ones have been decided (which would show time left until a rematch will happen). This would help summoners feel that their matches actually affect Runeterra.

Xulsigae

02-19-2013

I just realized that it would just be trial by combat, which has never really determined what is right, only who was strongest. But I suppose in this universe, that's what matters- display of strength.

Levik

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulsigae View Post
I just realized that it would just be trial by combat, which has never really determined what is right, only who was strongest. But I suppose in this universe, that's what matters- display of strength.
Runeterra was on the verge of being destroyed by the Rune Wars. The League may not be the best solution, but it was the only one that had the power to stop another Rune War.

SoloDragoon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

I'm a massive fluff nerd.

To point out why that has any merit here, why not update the lore of the older champions on current events - relationships - things of this nature. Right now the lack of lore in the game makes me super sad.

ZeroAero

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post
We are doing more lore events. Our focus is on more shadow isles style events right now. Open to suggestions for making these kinds of events better.
Might not be the greatest idea, but why not have small events where you can play a single player game mode as a certain champion or something like that that's only available for a short time.
Have it kind of tell a story, like maybe a flashback into Syndra's past or Malzahar just after being taken by the void.
I dunno, maybe I'm the only one that thinks it's a good idea.

ShadeNexis

02-24-2013

Quote:
Agree 100%

Why not Elise as the leader of the shadow isles she is the Spider Queen quite devastating smart and cunning she would make a great leader for the shadow isles

oldRakdos

02-24-2013

Quote:
We are doing more lore events. Our focus is on more shadow isles style events right now. Open to suggestions for making these kinds of events better.
I would suggest that you could do another event like Ionavsnoxus, but instead of just two groups of players doing the match, you can created like a special mode of game, where are the pools of champs from each faction, the people can choose the faction they want to help and they have to choose champs for the pool of that faction and play simulating the fights during the conflict, when the evens ends all the games that were made using this mechanic are record are depending the faction that wins more games that faction win

the prices your choice

Tolfor

03-02-2013

Quote:
Wait, do you mean your focus is on events centered around/predominantly featuring the Shadow Isles or do you mean events along the same lines as the Shadow Isles event that already took place?

Because I'm not aware of any Shadow Isles events in the past, unless you consider the release of the Twisted Treeline rework an "event."

Levik

03-02-2013

I believe that kitae meant that Riot is working on lore events that will make the Shadow Isles a more active party in Valoran. Currently the Shadow Isles has some spooky stories associated with them with some terrifying champions causing havoc on the mainland. Riot probably wants to raise the Shadow Isles to a semi-city-state status like they did with Freljord in the Journal of Justice. That is why they are sending champions to join the League, to get a position of power in the existing power structure. The last part is my speculation, but I am pretty confident that Riot wants to make the Shadow Isles as active as the city-states. Hopefully the Void follows.

Vongeo

03-02-2013

Quote:
Things
make another event.

Edit: now.