We ever going to have Lore Events again.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Daft Chap

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oug View Post
Unfortunately, I am afraid that the window for lore emphasis has sailed. With the introduction of Season 3 LCS, I doubt that a lore match would actually create enough excitement to merit the effort. Doesn't mean that I do not want it, though.
I'm a hardcore lore guy myself... it's the first thing I look for in a video game. Unfortunately, I am going to have to agree with this. League of Legends has taken on the role less of a video game and more of the role of a sport, albeit one expressed through an electronic medium.

Realistically, Riot isn't going to go back to making the game lore-centric. The game is now less about where your character is in the story, and more about whether or not he is in position, or being a team player. I don't think it will ever go back.

But, guys like me and a lot of others I know still like our lore. While the game won't center around it anymore, it still helps to have a body of lore that one can enjoy if one so chooses. With the money Riot makes from the tournaments, I can't see that it would hurt to hire a full-time lore writer to deepen the characters and provide a bit of satisfaction for the lore-nerds that are intrigued by the characters they are playing.

I know I'm not the only person that would be interested in this job. Does Riot have some way of applying for this, or submitting a proposed work, or something like that?

Lorgar

02-12-2013

I agree that we definitely need more lore in this game. I'm a heavy Noxus enthusiast and damn near every champ i play is Noxian affiliated due to this faction pride and that gets me excited while playing this game, it created rivalries for me. all I really want is some video or animated short, hell just post more journals of justice and I'll be fine. Just please Riot, do something.

Xulsigae

02-12-2013

Lorgar...Calth shall be avenged.

They are doing something, and it will likely be enjoyable. Some hints and development updates would be lovely though.

kitae

Lead Designer

02-13-2013
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larcent View Post
I think what's missing is the sense that there are champions devoted to addressing or even researching the mysterious threat that the Shadow Isles presents. Certainly, probably most champions outside Shadow Isles understand their danger (as noted in Hecarim's lore), but I think there needs to be some sort of symbolic leader or champion who: a) Is at least somewhat knowledgeable about what curses are behind the nature of the isles; and b) Is actively trying to rally a response.
Agree 100%

kitae

Lead Designer

02-13-2013
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBuzzJack View Post
Make a Shadow Isles encyclopedia. We love those kind of things.
Yeah an Encyclopedia Runeterra would be awesome to do at some point.

Zerglinator

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post
*opens Word*

Where shall we start?

TerraRising

02-13-2013

I wonder if Riot would be interested in hiring a writer to resurrect the Journal of Justice?...

Darklarik

02-13-2013

Quote:
I would buy

Weegee7

02-13-2013

I want the Great Hunt to come back and be better than the last time. Last year it was basically a poor excuse to put Tristana on sale.

Alex3omg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Quote:
Could you put stuff like this in the lore tab in game? Would be nice if that were updated, maybe to include the judgements, teasers, and supplemental info. I think a lot of players never go to the website, but they might click on that!