We ever going to have Lore Events again.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pandaris

02-11-2013

I mean i think the biggest request the community wants right now is Lore matches however that could be implemented idk

Edit:''community"(i.e me)

xethik

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post
We are doing more lore events. Our focus is on more shadow isles style events right now. Open to suggestions for making these kinds of events better.
If there is something along the lines of Ionia vs Noxus again, do something like what has happened at more recent holiday events. IE: Skins, wards, and summoner icons for participating. Smaller scale, but still enough to draw interest from the community.

My 2 cents.

Majulio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2013

Quote:
We are doing more lore events. Our focus is on more shadow isles style events right now. Open to suggestions for making these kinds of events better.
The Ionia Vs Noxus match for the control of part of Ionia was awesome lore-wise and it was really engaging to think "Wow, if I can get to pro level, I can leave a mark on the game's lore".
More of that, or slight variations would be incredible.

The Mochi

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandaris View Post
I mean i think the biggest request the community wants right now is Lore matches however that could be implemented idk

Edit:''community"(i.e me)
Actually that is a great idea...kind of like a "mode" where you are limited to Ionian / Noxian characters only? I like that idea.

And to be honest I think the Shadow Isles has done it for me... I mean it was great but I have lost interest in it. I feel like the Kumungu Jungles (where Nidalee comes from), or the Void, or Demacia / Ionia vs Noxus are far more interesting in my opinion.

NotBuzzJack

02-11-2013

Make a Shadow Isles encyclopedia. We love those kind of things.

Vongeo

02-12-2013

Bildgewater VS Bandlecity.

Oug

02-12-2013

Quote:
A couple of random, quick ideas

1. You *could* ask each professional team to officially align with a city-state.
-Give us another reason to vote for MRN over CLG, or CLG over MRN, etc.
-This is NOT a very effective measure, though

2. You could add summoner icons that are representations of the City-States.
-Easy to do, and I honestly thought Riot was going to implement this at the beginning of Season 3. I thought that the team icons during Season 2 Finals were a test for new summoner icon. Furthermore, there was the consistent hinting at something lore-related.

Unfortunately, I am afraid that the window for lore emphasis has sailed. With the introduction of Season 3 LCS, I doubt that a lore match would actually create enough excitement to merit the effort. Doesn't mean that I do not want it, though.

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

02-12-2013

Quote:
So very glad to hear this, thanks for all that the team does.

Larcent

02-12-2013

Quote:
I think what's missing is the sense that there are champions devoted to addressing or even researching the mysterious threat that the Shadow Isles presents. Certainly, probably most champions outside Shadow Isles understand their danger (as noted in Hecarim's lore), but I think there needs to be some sort of symbolic leader or champion who: a) Is at least somewhat knowledgeable about what curses are behind the nature of the isles; and b) Is actively trying to rally a response.

It might not even require a new champion. It might be something a hero like Vayne might take on, given her past and her lack of interest in Demacian politics. Interestingly, it could lead to alliances between champions who might not see eye-to-eye otherwise (I'm thinking how Cassiopeia might have a personal interest in figuring out how to undo any curses affecting the isles).

Kelberry

02-12-2013

Give Eve lines for the Twisted Tree line for a start.

(Evelynn freak incomming)

Her look in game doesn't feel like her Lore, she looks like the epitome of *** and lust in game, but her lore puts her as this mysterious vampire. Please change her to make her less ugly and ***'d up to a mysterious woman who can lurk in the shadows without having to wear no clothes. Just because people don't see her all the time doesn't mean she has to be naked.