AP Support Items Article

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malindar

02-01-2013

Hello hello, I wrote this article a while back with the goal of analyzing the AP leaning support items that people commonly use, and some a bit more outlandish (for example, the merits of Crucible, Liandrys or Mejais, who should use them, and when). I'm gonna be writing the second half where I look at all the tank support items pretty soon, so I was wondering if everyone could take a look at the article and tell me what they think. Give me some things I can work on in my writing and what I might not of touched on. Thanks for checking this out

Article in question: http://teamxerohour.com/support-item...for-squishies/

TictacTactic

02-01-2013

Really good read.

One thing to note, I really don't think mejai's is viable on many support as it is usually the supports role to stall and sacrifice its life when you lose an engage meaning you will lose stacks often. I also read somewhere that at 8 stacks is when the item becomes cost efficient. 8 stacks is 8 assists without dying and is really rare. I could only imagine this on soraka if she is already super tanky.

Another item to note on soraka is rylai's. It seriously turns her into a cc monster

Qsario

02-01-2013

You might be able to manage it with Janna, because she's very escapey and farms assists easily. I can't say that I would recommend it, though, but maybe if I start managing to go deathless more often, I'll consider it.

Malindar

02-01-2013

Yeah, the point of the Mejai's is on champs that can either hang in the back, or if they will sacrifice themselves, will do it early on and dying at the start of a fight so your team can get three or more kills, and do that a few times, you'll build up those stacks very quickly. It works for me on Zyra and Lux when i'm peeling and hitting the entire enemy team.
I considered adding Rylai's but I never really found a need for it until today when I got it on Zyra because a Singed was running through our team and needed to be slowed.