Players can harass and call you a "****er" but when you defend yourself u get banned!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CypherK

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighJew View Post
You are accusing me of self-hate? I guess you know the Jewish culture better than me.
At this rate I think I do if you are going to compare that to this.

Anyways, done feeding this troll. He's derailed the topic to his self-righteous and insulting tangent. Locked thread incoming.

Romantic Metro

02-01-2013

It is not so much self hate towards your own culture as it's downplaying a very tragic event to an online gaming issue. Racism is real but I don't believe 90% of the trolls out there in all gaming would actually call someone a derogatory slur in real life and mean it. It really does just come down too inciting people. Like a child saying: mom mom mom a thousand times. Unfortunately some players are lois griffin the others are stewie. Just gotta keep your cool.

MileHighJew

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMetro View Post
It is not so much self hate towards your own culture as it's downplaying a very tragic event to an online gaming issue. Racism is real but I don't believe 90% of the trolls out there in all gaming would actually call someone a derogatory slur in real life and mean it. It really does just come down too inciting people. Like a child saying: mom mom mom a thousand times. Unfortunately some players are lois griffin the others are stewie. Just gotta keep your cool.
Do you think the same people who troll in game may also troll on the tribunals? I think they do and that's why Riot needs to fix it by paying someone to review the cases and not have their community do it.

Yes, I did compare racism in a game to racism in real life that ended up with a lot of people dead. According to some posters here, I'm not suppose to make that connection and get upset.

CypherK

02-01-2013

Genocide =/= Trolling, stay in school kids.

Romantic Metro

02-01-2013

Quote:
Do you think the same people who troll in game may also troll on the tribunals? I think they do and that's why Riot needs to fix it by paying someone to review the cases and not have their community do it.

Yes, I did compare racism in a game to racism in real life that ended up with a lot of people dead. According to some posters here, I'm not suppose to make that connection and get upset.
The system is not flawless I agree. In fact you could possibly say it has corrupt players in it. The fact of the matter is if you see an issue with the system you need to latch onto a petition or a movement towards getting the issues you want fixed or start one yourself. I'm all for implementing a better system that holds players accountable and better justifies the reasoning for punishment. The self policing of this community is not the best but for now it is what we got. The moment you make a suggestion ar at least get the ball rolling on a better system I will gladly sign/bump or w/e it is required so that RIOT will notice that players want something much more satisfying than what we currently have. Until then and what will still always be the case we must keep our cool enjoy the game the best we can, and just not let others get to us. Unfortunately the laws of gravity don't work on the internet therefore other laws don't as well . I really do wish you luck and hope that cooler heads prevail.

MileHighJew

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeshishin View Post
Genocide =/= Trolling, stay in school kids.
You saying racism is just trolling and nothing more?
Edit: Racism http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism. It's more than just trolling.

CypherK

02-01-2013

Quote:
You saying racism is just trolling and nothing more?
For people on the internet, that is the truth more often than not. Trolls say things on PURPOSE to anger you and half the time have no idea what they are saying is actually acurate. I'm an Asian, yet I get called Hispanic, Black, and various other ethnic slurs all the time. They don't do it because they are racist, they do it because they know its angering you.

Thats what you need to learn about trolls. 9/10 times they aren't racist, prejudice, or anything like that. They just wanna anger you so you do bad, team mate or not. If it angers you, they do it. Feeders, AFKers, people building wrong on purpose, racists, the prejudice. Most of them do it because to them you being angry is their game.

Don't take the racism they spit at you seriously, ignroe them and report. Im asian, so I understand Racism more than you think. Did I have it as hard as the jews? No, I didn't, but I understand that its not funny or welcomed at all to do what you are doing.

tl;dr: Racists in video games aren't racist, they just don't like you.

Uber

02-01-2013

Solution:
Ignore them.

CypherK

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber View Post
Solution:
Ignore them.
The best advise ever. I think I'm going to take it finally and go play a game of league.

MileHighJew

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeshishin View Post
Don't take the racism they spit at you seriously, ignroe them and report. Im asian, so I understand Racism more than you think. Did I have it as hard as the jews? No, I didn't, but I understand that its not funny or welcomed at all to do what you are doing.
You know what's weird? I heard more negative Jew remarks while not having this user name than when I do. To be honest though, Asian and Jew stereotypes are not near as bad as black stereotypes.

I really don't think these people are doing it to piss people off. In the OP's case, they called him the N word first before he said he was part black. I think most of these people are racist.

Racism doesn't always piss me off. Sometimes it is freaking hilarious. I loved watching Dave Chappelle showing how racism can be stupid.