Players can harass and call you a "****er" but when you defend yourself u get banned!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CypherK

Recruiter

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezugon View Post
All of you people who are saying that you would punish someone for sticking up for them selves need to srsly get some common sense, he states that hes black and hes being called this word over and over again. Put your self in his shoes, what would you do if someone kept saying that to you? Would you just sit there and take it? No, you would defend your self. I see no wrong in standing up to racist *******s. You all should be ashamed for even saying that you wouldnt punish them for saying that. Screw all of you racist trolls.
Yes, I would sit there and take it and have because I know if I comment I'm feeding the trolls, and they will press. I get called Chink 5/6 games, and I just laugh because I simply ignore and report. Learn to do it, and your life will be so much easier.

Speaking of common sense, heres some: You agreed to rules, the rules don't say "You can ignore the rules if someone else does," and you get punished when you break rules. Whats the correct method of handling a rule breaker?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

your gay dad

Junior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezugon View Post
All of you people who are saying that you would punish someone for sticking up for them selves need to srsly get some common sense, he states that hes black and hes being called this word over and over again. Put your self in his shoes, what would you do if someone kept saying that to you? Would you just sit there and take it? No, you would defend your self. I see no wrong in standing up to racist pigs. You all should be ashamed for even saying that you wouldnt punish them for saying that. Screw all of you racist trolls. Also, why limit the use of where the N word is being used? It doesnt matter if its on an "online video game" you dumb racist pricks.
I would push TAB and then the ignore icon. Same thing most nontoxic players do I imagine.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CypherK

Recruiter

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighJew View Post
You saying nobody told the OP to keep his mouth shut after being called the N word? Are you saying that no one was saying that the OP was being toxic for responding?

I'm sorry. I'm getting the message that it's OK to call people racist remarks because if anyone gets upsets and lashes back, they will just get banned. So, go ahead and troll with your racist remarks people.

I'm still saying the same people who troll in games are going to troll in the Tribunal. I'm stating what I see wrong with the game, which is also part of the Summoner's Code.

I have never been banned either. That doesn't mean I don't understand why someone would lash back because they were called a racist term. That is the point off my posts. I'm not calling Riot a bunch of Nazi racists or saying the Summoner's Code will bring on another Holocaust. I'm saying it's a cultural thing that's above all this and Riot can create a remedy that can help their game out and society as a whole by paying someone to review these cases instead of having trolls from their game do it.
No, your point of your posts is to be culturally insulting by comparing the harshest period of Jewish history to rules being broken in an online game. Way to go, you just offended jews everywhere by belittling their hard ships to being banned in a video game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Le MowMow

Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighJew View Post
You saying nobody told the OP to keep his mouth shut after being called the N word? Are you saying that no one was saying that the OP was being toxic for responding?

I'm sorry. I'm getting the message that it's OK to call people racist remarks because if anyone gets upsets and lashes back, they will just get banned. So, go ahead and troll with your racist remarks people.

I'm still saying the same people who troll in games are going to troll in the Tribunal. I'm stating what I see wrong with the game, which is also part of the Summoner's Code.

I have never been banned either. That doesn't mean I don't understand why someone would lash back because they were called a racist term. That is the point off my posts. I'm not calling Riot a bunch of Nazi racists or saying the Summoner's Code will bring on another Holocaust. I'm saying it's a cultural thing that's above all this and Riot can create a remedy that can help their game out and society as a whole by paying someone to review these cases instead of having trolls from their game do it.
If I'm not mistaken, he was only called a derogatory name in game 1 and there are 5 games in his Tribunal link. In games 2 and 4 specifically he was pretty insulting to certain teammates with no prior provocation. I probably wouldn't have hit the punish button had it only been game 1 since everyone was pretty obnoxious. What the OP has to understand is while he may not think calling people idiots or terrible is disrespectful or abusive, the people on the receiving end of it probably would and that is the reason why he received the ban. It's not that we think it's OK to call someone racist remarks it's because he was genuinely a jerk in the other 4 games he was reported in.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

workthecorners

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan Weilin View Post
I'm just as toxic? Do you read them? I'm not going to let someone just bully me and talk ****.
It is few and far between that I ever have some real spite for someone aside from some lighthearted banter. If people get rude I'm going to get rude back. Otherwise you just feel walked all over, but hey I guess its of your opinion that turn the other cheek is ALWAYS the proper solution.
the one you posted and one of the other 4 you didnt really deserve, but what i see is under 5 minutes in every one you are fighting with someone. You have temper issues and this game is bad for the bloodpressure. you should go outside or to the beach and relax a little...you will live longer

and if you do play in the future, use the mute button and just play


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voyles

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethelmina View Post
If I'm not mistaken, he was only called a derogatory name in game 1 and there are 5 games in his Tribunal link. In games 2 and 4 specifically he was pretty insulting to certain teammates with no prior provocation. I probably wouldn't have hit the punish button had it only been game 1 since everyone was pretty obnoxious. What the OP has to understand is while he may not think calling people idiots or terrible is disrespectful or abusive, the people on the receiving end of it probably would and that is the reason why he received the ban. It's not that we think it's OK to call someone racist remarks it's because he was genuinely a jerk in the other 4 games he was reported in.
Yes, he probably does deserve being banned. That wasn't my point. I was pointing out the racist guy in the game might also ban people on the tribunal. I'm saying there are too many players out there that do use racist comments and they are banning people on the tribunal. It might be a smaller situation than the Holocaust but it is the same issue. It's like saying a touchdown in little league football is nothing like a touchdown in the Super Bowl because there isn't a corporation spending millions of dollars for a half-time commercial.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CypherK

Recruiter

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighJew View Post
Yes, he probably does deserve being banned. That wasn't my point. I was pointing out the racist guy in the game might also ban people on the tribunal. I'm saying there are too many players out there that do use racist comments and they are banning people on the tribunal. It might be a smaller situation than the Holocaust but it is the same issue. It's like saying a touchdown in little league football is nothing like a touchdown in the Super Bowl because there isn't a corporation spending millions of dollars for a half-time commercial.

Stop using the holocaust in your arguments. Its really making you look bad. Its making you look like more of a racist than the guy who said the N word.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Romantic Metro

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezugon View Post
All of you people who are saying that you would punish someone for sticking up for them selves need to srsly get some common sense, he states that hes black and hes being called this word over and over again. Put your self in his shoes, what would you do if someone kept saying that to you? Would you just sit there and take it? No, you would defend your self. I see no wrong in standing up to racist pigs. You all should be ashamed for even saying that you wouldnt punish them for saying that. Screw all of you racist trolls. Also, why limit the use of where the N word is being used? It doesnt matter if its on an "online video game" you dumb racist pricks.
Defend himself? So the best defense is to be offensive back? Please tell me how that worked out? That's right the op got banned for his behavior and negative attitude. You are still accountable. If he or anyone else doesn't like it mute the person, report them, and post the convo on here for all to see. That way if anyone else sees that specific player we will all have a heads up on who they are. By being a jerk back you've done nothing but feed the trolls more and they seriously do just get a kick off of the reactions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voyles

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeshishin View Post
No, your point of your posts is to be culturally insulting by comparing the harshest period of Jewish history to rules being broken in an online game. Way to go, you just offended jews everywhere by belittling their hard ships to being banned in a video game.
You are accusing me of self-hate? I guess you know the Jewish culture better than me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voyles

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeshishin View Post
Stop using the holocaust in your arguments. Its really making you look bad. Its making you look like more of a racist than the guy who said the N word.
I guess I'm a racist because my grandfather was a POW in WWII and I take offense at people being racist online. Wow, you are the intelligent one.