Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do people get insane amounts of AP ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geleh

02-01-2013

I've read that some people for example have more than a thousand ability power, how is that possible ?
I've used Veigar, last hit a ton minions, had Rabadon's and other high AP items, but the highest I can reach is generally 500 with a full build AP (indicated at bottom left of my screen)

what am I doing wrong ?

Rakaydos

02-01-2013

Before season 3, the "thousand AP build" was something that was generally only viable on Karthus, because of how expensive and fragile it was.

In season 1-2, Archangel's Staff allowed the 3% of your mana as AP to stack. This meant that with 5 archangels and a Rabadons (which has also been nerfed) you were getting 15% of your mana pool, with a heavy multiplier from Rabadons, that pushed you over 1000 AP

Warrrrax

02-01-2013

It isn't really a practical build and as stated not really possible anymore anyways. Basically, don't worry about it. Its way more important to have a good deal of Magic Penetration and CDR, survivability, mobility.

If you have 500 AP and deal 1000 dmg on a nuke, isn't it better to increase your total damage by 30% or so with a void staff, vs just piling on another 100 AP for a 10% gain?

Morgan FreeFarm

02-01-2013

RoA, Archangels, DFG, Mejais, and DC provides a considerable amount of AP ~750+ depending on the champ. Getting MPen items is generally more effective than going full on damage though.

Geleh

02-01-2013

thanks a lot everyone !

Fluffy1

02-01-2013

since archangels no longer stacks only way to get that high AP is with veigar

SeCKS Egai

02-02-2013

Quote:
Fluffy1:
since archangels no longer stacks only way to get that high AP is with veigar

That's the breakdown - and in order for that much farming to happen, veigar needs to do well in a really loooong game.