How do people get insane amounts of AP ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geleh

02-01-2013

I've read that some people for example have more than a thousand ability power, how is that possible ?
I've used Veigar, last hit a ton minions, had Rabadon's and other high AP items, but the highest I can reach is generally 500 with a full build AP (indicated at bottom left of my screen)

what am I doing wrong ?

Rakaydos

02-01-2013

Before season 3, the "thousand AP build" was something that was generally only viable on Karthus, because of how expensive and fragile it was.

In season 1-2, Archangel's Staff allowed the 3% of your mana as AP to stack. This meant that with 5 archangels and a Rabadons (which has also been nerfed) you were getting 15% of your mana pool, with a heavy multiplier from Rabadons, that pushed you over 1000 AP

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

It isn't really a practical build and as stated not really possible anymore anyways. Basically, don't worry about it. Its way more important to have a good deal of Magic Penetration and CDR, survivability, mobility.

If you have 500 AP and deal 1000 dmg on a nuke, isn't it better to increase your total damage by 30% or so with a void staff, vs just piling on another 100 AP for a 10% gain?

Morgan FreeFarm

02-01-2013

RoA, Archangels, DFG, Mejais, and DC provides a considerable amount of AP ~750+ depending on the champ. Getting MPen items is generally more effective than going full on damage though.

Geleh

02-01-2013

thanks a lot everyone !

Fluffy1

02-01-2013

since archangels no longer stacks only way to get that high AP is with veigar

SeCKS Egai

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy1 View Post
since archangels no longer stacks only way to get that high AP is with veigar
That's the breakdown - and in order for that much farming to happen, veigar needs to do well in a really loooong game.