How often do you play Twitch

All the time 5 13.89%
Frequently 4 11.11%
Sometimes 4 11.11%
Rarely 5 13.89%
Never 18 50.00%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Feedback on Twitch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alcapowned

12-01-2009

So I've been playing Twitch recently and I like his play style(assasin with low hp , but high damage) but I always see QQ thread or posts about him. So far in the past couple patchs , major and minor , Twitch hasn't been changed except very very minor non-combative issues like classifying him as an Assasin instead of a Fighter.

Basically , I'd like to hear some feedback on Twitch , wether its positive or negative and some intellectual reasoning behind it. Please dont use superlatives , exaggerations or RNG statistics.

e.g DO NOT : "99% of Twitch players are noobs" , "Twitch is the most OP hero ever" "Twitch can 3 shot me at lvl 2"

No Cow Level

12-01-2009

I'm not in the high ELO matches, or anywhere near it (I only have like 9 wins on my account), but he seems fairly balanced besides the Spray & Pray tower rape. He's REALLY squishy, but deals a ridiculous amount of damage. Seems balanced to me.

Aralock

12-01-2009

tbh he is only powerful early game, if played right he can get 6-7 kills before he even reaches lvl 10, when i play twitch i only get his ult when i reach lvl 11-12 and only if i got fed decently, else i get it at 16/17/18 as it can be dodged way too easily, but ppl complain because they dont know how to counter, 1 oracle and hes dead, if u dont have oracle just pay attention to when ur lane oponent will try to gank u, thats probably when twitch is near him, if that happens u just hug ur tower and let them push so twitch cant do u any harm.
but i also agree that poison+slow+stealth is a real rape combo, paired with that "poison bomb" skill its pretty much gg if he gets 6 poison stacks early game and u dont have the health to afford it.
all in one he is pretty decent early game, loses his DPS and functionality later on...so pretty balanced to me

alcapowned

12-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Cow Level View Post
I'm not in the high ELO matches, or anywhere near it (I only have like 9 wins on my account), but he seems fairly balanced besides the Spray & Pray tower rape. He's REALLY squishy, but deals a ridiculous amount of damage. Seems balanced to me.
Im not sure if this is a recent change or a glitch but recently in games I've realized that when i Spray and Pray to backdoor a tower(I do occasionally , when its like 60 minutes into the game and nothing productive is happening) that the Turret gains an absurd amount of amount (roughly 300ish) which makes my hits only do like 30-40 damage. Made backdooring extremely difficult , I havent tried it for the last like 2 weeks since I realized I cant take out a turret within one Spray and Pray.

Agreed on the part of really squishy and ridiculous damage. He is one of those extreme champions. Im always jealous of heroes who are also dps(such as Master Yi) having roughly 20% more base hp then me. Makes me scared to go into grass.

Reverse Sejuani

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcapowned View Post
Im not sure if this is a recent change or a glitch but recently in games I've realized that when i Spray and Pray to backdoor a tower(I do occasionally , when its like 60 minutes into the game and nothing productive is happening) that the Turret gains an absurd amount of amount (roughly 300ish) which makes my hits only do like 30-40 damage. Made backdooring extremely difficult , I havent tried it for the last like 2 weeks since I realized I cant take out a turret within one Spray and Pray.

Agreed on the part of really squishy and ridiculous damage. He is one of those extreme champions. Im always jealous of heroes who are also dps(such as Master Yi) having roughly 20% more base hp then me. Makes me scared to go into grass.
The built in BD defense was put in for that reason. So if you have the power to Back Door honestly more power to you.

Dragonien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2009

twitch is perfectly 100% fine as he is. theres a reason he hasnt gotten a nerf or a buff in like 3 months. cause hes perfectly balanced. He has a high damage output but low HP. the only peoplethat ***** hes too OP are the pub stompers that cant counter stealth

ibplunderin

12-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonien View Post
twitch is perfectly 100% fine as he is. theres a reason he hasnt gotten a nerf or a buff in like 3 months. cause hes perfectly balanced. He has a high damage output but low HP. the only peoplethat ***** hes too OP are the pub stompers that cant counter stealth
^this.

I find teemo is better in almost every way except for when a 5v5 happens and a dual tiamat twitch ults, other than that teemo seems to be a better twitch. Twitch is also ridiculously priced, its pathetic that Twisted fate is less than 1/5th the price twitch is. Given that I find Twisted Fate the most broken champ in the game, and most arranged games I have played in don't let him be playable.

Either way Twitch is about balanced and doesn't need any changes, just buy an oracles or wards and it almost halves his effectiveness against you. If you dont' buy any of his counters thats your fault, its like complaining about Aniva killing with overpowered spells and you haven't bought any Magic resist.

Dragonien

12-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibplunderin View Post
^this.

I find teemo is better in almost every way except for when a 5v5 happens and a dual tiamat twitch ults, other than that teemo seems to be a better twitch. Twitch is also ridiculously priced, its pathetic that Twisted fate is less than 1/5th the price twitch is. Given that I find Twisted Fate the most broken champ in the game, and most arranged games I have played in don't let him be playable.

Either way Twitch is about balanced and doesn't need any changes, just buy an oracles or wards and it almost halves his effectiveness against you. If you dont' buy any of his counters thats your fault, its like complaining about Aniva killing with overpowered spells and you haven't bought any Magic resist.
twitch has much higher damage potential than teemo, and has a built in slow. as well as his poison does more damage, if the teemo isnt stacking AP.

but teemo moves faster, and has super map control.

GarwooD

12-02-2009

ok lets be fair here

A) twitch's passive(deadly venom) does more damage by itself than any other champion's regular ability
B) debilitateing poison slows more than almost any other castable slow in the game
C) expunge has higher cast range and does more damage than most basic abilities in game and doesnt even have to be targeted
D) stealth sure its great but the attack speed buff is more important which allows him to rapidly spike damage and as added perk allows him to stack deadly poison on them (if the gave him activated attack speed buff increase instead of stealth it wouldn't even change how i play him. I mean honestly you could completely play him with out stealth if you didnt lose the attack speed buff)
E) his ultimate gives him the longest range in the game and allows him mow down even the little minion attacks that would harras him while still hitting a hero
F)being able to see him in stealth doesnt really do anything as his attack speed buff is still there when he attacks you back. Champion vison is rather small and oracle pots only allow to see him while still in his attack range.

and i dont have a problem with any of that

the thing i think makes him rediculous and what I think should be taken away is

G) his ability to hit towers with his ultimate. allowing him to backdoor with out haveing to take tower hits and also alowing him to do it with out being able to counter it at all. put up all the vision wards you want still cant stop him from killing the towers/inhibitors. leave 3 heroes in base, one on each tower and stop any sort of potential you have for pushing and he will still kill the towers inhibs.

P.S. the arguement that he is squishy is silly. as you and I know having played him myself you can just buy a warmongs or another health item and get around that. I mean he farms like a machine any way not like its hard to get money with him. His only weakness is CC but that's every ones weakness ('cept pirate ofc)

God SoRcuS

12-02-2009

Okay he isn't squishy. He is extremely squishy. I HAVE personally never seen any Twitch buy a warmog's Personally I feel it's useless. if you buy warmogs and another health item, you are not going to any damage in teamfights?right? then you will become a laughable tank at best. Yes his weakness is CC but so many CC's are in this game. Not to mention exhaust.

Yes, the tower hitting with his ultimate is rather bad. But I still don't see it as enough reason to nerf him.