Irelia No Longer Iffy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Awkward Pandas

02-01-2013

Hello, its Awkward Panda here,

Previously, I created a thread about how Irelia is SLIGHTLY weak in the preseason patch due to itemization(http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ht=iffy+irelia). After reading the season three patch notes, I believe it is safe to say that you no longer have to stress over it too much any more.

Why was Irelia weak during preseason 3?
Contrary to popular belief, Irelia is not some all powerful champion who will dominate any game. I have played some games where people just destroyed me easily in top lane because they were able to zone me early or get a gank from their juglers which completely shut me down. Why does one death or missing some cs affect Irelia so much? Well Durring preseason three tri-force one of Irelia's key items has come to give her less stats while still maintaining the same price so Irelia has to work harder for less. Another reason why she was slightly weaker in s3 was because the increase in armor and magic resist prices made stacking health the best defense. Well Irelia's specialties are her being able to ignore armor but by stacking health, you will mitigate her damage quite a bit.

Why is Irelia stronger in season 3?
Trinity Force
Combine cost reduced to 3 gold from 300 (total cost reduced to 3903 gold from 4200)
I am not sure if it is a typo but the combine cost of Trinity force was reduced 297 gold making it much easier for Irelia to grab this early-mid game. Another thing Riot did was increase the price of heath and decrease the price of armor. This is HIGHLY beneficial for Irelia because most people on the enemy team are going to build armor now if you get your ADC fed/safe. What does this mean? Irelia is now much stronger in season three than the preseason due to the recent adjustments to Itemization.

How can you be sure?
To be honest I can not guarantee that teams wont still stack heath especially when facing an Irelia. However, if they do decide to stack heath, they will not be able to do so too early which grants you and your team a window to which they are vulnerable. Another reason why teams should not just stack health any more is because of the buffs to armor items and nerfs to health items in terms of amount of health provided so if they do decide to stack health it gives your ADC and mages a chance to shut them down.

Either way Irelia is now much more beneficial to her team. I do not feel that this has made her OP like she was during season 2 however I can not say until this has been tested for a week or so.

Thanks for reading this is just my take on one of my favourite champions.

Areotix

02-01-2013

yay irelia!

Irelia Carries U

02-01-2013

she isnt as strong in season 2 but its better than the pre season ^^

Death0998

02-01-2013

Hide this before morello finds out!!!!

Awkward Pandas

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelia Carries U View Post
she isnt as strong in season 2 but its better than the pre season ^^
Yah thats what I was saying, she was OP season 2 but hopefully they found a balance for her "Balance in all things". ;D

Voidgolem

02-01-2013

you'd think people would go icefist instead anyway >.>

HArysH

02-01-2013

i played irelia and yes she was weak but lets hope she is good now

Vivid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

As an Irelia player I AM SO HAPPY!!!

Irelia Carries U

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivid View Post
As an Irelia player I AM SO HAPPY!!!
mhm, i was getting tired of being 2/0 and 50+ cs on the other guy and then not being able to 1v1 him after he got warmogs

Dralun

02-01-2013

She's slightly stonger, but honestly not by that much. Players are still going to be stacking health over armor and MR, so that problem still exists. GA still got worse and that's a complete core item on her. Attack speed still got worse and that's all Irelia wants to build for damage.

Is she still usable? Sure. Better than S2? Definitely not.