Patch Review/Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

I feel this is a useful topic for every patch. Based on what you see in the patch notes, what do you expect to change about your game?
Please don't QQ about the patch changes themselves...theres lots of that on General.
But stay focused on what you expect to do to adapt.

Elise nerf looks like one of the most significant. That is a monster nerf and going Q first will be a lot harder. Will you try to stick with Q maxed first and just get more MP, maybe splash into utility for more MP5, or get a few MP5 runes?

Olaf got crapped on for sure. Depending on the falloff of the slow, his ganks may be way harder to pull off. Still, most seem to use him toplane anyways mostly vs other melee so maybe it wont change much.

How bout dat Armguard? 1190g for 30 armor (550g) and 25AP (500g). But very quickly (30 minion kills later), gets another 15 armor and 15 AP (worth 250+300=550).
Total value is 1190g cost for 1600g worth of benefits. Seems solid, although early armor/MR is now a fairly bad proposition due to Pen changes. So still dont see this being used early game effectively.

Health nerfs. If you read Reign of Gaming analysis, armor/MR really sucks until you get about 2k health currently. So I dont see any change at all, except the entire game becomes more Offensive in nature.

Nashers tooth nerf - who the heck even takes nashers? It was a joke item for years. Nerfed in S3 And nerfed again now?

Spectral Wraith - looking like a great new version of Hextech revolver. Most efficient spell vamp out there.

Triforce - seriously?! They BUFFED triforce? Wow. True many were taking Black Cleaver instead (esp the AD casters of course), but Triforce is still fantastic on the likes of Irelia and other bruisers. Expect them to become even more powerful with this 7% cost buff.

All Delete

02-01-2013

What I expect to change in my games...

Um...more pissing and moaning, op this, op that.

Other than that, updates like this have become the standard to some extent.

Rakaydos

02-01-2013

Between the Fiendish Codex change and the Nashor change, Nashors got pretty significantly cheaper.

The triforce buff wasnt in comparison to BC, it was because Iceborn Gauntlet got you 80% of what trinity did for a much lower price.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Maybe I misread the Nashers. It looked like the cost only got lowered by 200g but it lost all 10 of its MP5 (worth 600g).

ThorHammerz

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakaydos View Post
Between the Fiendish Codex change and the Nashor change, Nashors got pretty significantly cheaper.

The triforce buff wasnt in comparison to BC, it was because Iceborn Gauntlet got you 80% of what trinity did for a much lower price.
Pretty much. Also far more reliable than trinity as well, since the slow now procs 100% of the time when it's not on it's internal cooldown, in an aoe field as well.