Supports in new system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IxanWitfar

02-01-2013

I'm just wondering how its going to work for supports who don't get kills, are they going to add in assists? Just wanting to know everyone thoughts on this.

Ziek88

02-01-2013

Kills don't seem to have any weight on your progression but wins and loses do. If you are being a good support your team is more likely to win therefor you will progress just as fast going 0/0/20 as an ADC on your team who goes 20/0/0 provided you win.

keyzersose

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziek88 View Post
Kills don't seem to have any weight on your progression but wins and loses do. If you are being a good support your team is more likely to win therefor you will progress just as fast going 0/0/20 as an ADC on your team who goes 20/0/0 provided you win.
I'm not sure I understand completely, can you clarify? From what I understand I heard that you can still gain league points if you lose a game if you have a good kda. But as it's a support's role to give the kills to the adc, does it not make it harder to advance as a support? I understand that being a good support is very important. But isn't being a good ADC just as important, and at the same time, more rewarding (league point-wise).

I hope Riot implements this system taking into account not just kills and deaths, but assists as well.

Durair

02-01-2013

kda is kills+assists/deaths. so a support going 0-0-20 is the exact same kda as an adc going 20-0-0

ChillxIGotThis

Recruiter

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IxanWitfar View Post
I'm just wondering how its going to work for supports who don't get kills, are they going to add in assists? Just wanting to know everyone thoughts on this.
Your KDA will have NOTHING to do with ranking up. Supports will have no problems ranking up along with the other roles. Winning or losing is the only thing you have to worry about.

adc

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyzersose View Post
I'm not sure I understand completely, can you clarify? From what I understand I heard that you can still gain league points if you lose a game if you have a good kda. But as it's a support's role to give the kills to the adc, does it not make it harder to advance as a support? I understand that being a good support is very important. But isn't being a good ADC just as important, and at the same time, more rewarding (league point-wise).

I hope Riot implements this system taking into account not just kills and deaths, but assists as well.
Where do you get that from? There is no way Riot could implement this properly, so they just didn't.

Ziek88

02-01-2013

Reading the patch notes it does not say anything about your KDA affecting your score. It does say that winning and losing will.

This is why whether you go 20/0/0 or 0/0/20 makes no difference. The only thing that matters is whether you won or not.

chris2423

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

you heard wrong. only wins/losses matter.

EDIT: kda is only one aspect of a game, and it honestly has alot less correlation with playing well than most people think. a kill is roughly equal to 15-20 cs, 1/2 a dragon, or 1/2 a turret. kills dont matter nearly as much as you probably think, if u were to implement a system like this, you would want to take into account cs, wards purchased, kda, and towers pushed, but it would still be impossible to implement. one thing IS true though. if you play well, you are more likely to win, and therefore gain more points than you lose. once your ELO (now mmr) = your skill level, you will win 50%. league points, much like ladder points in sc2, simply follow your mmr. the whole promotion series thing is kinda dumb imo, it will just make divisions and leagues "sticky" since losing a series means u have to gain more league points to try again, but really once your mmr is high enough, you will be gaining way more league points for wins than you lose for losses (the opposite is true of someone who falls to 0 league points in the lowest division of their league, winning lots of games will not net them a significant number of league points and we will see the same problem found in sc2 for very low bronze players, where you are effectively stuck at 0 until your skills improve enough to raise your mmr)

Iksesiv

02-01-2013

So just played a game with the new system...here were the results from the same game:
1/2/16 Support = 12 League points
11/2/4 Top = 27 League points

Riot fix this kaythanks

Pobbes

02-01-2013

League points are the new ELO points. Your KDA has nothing to do with it. If the match is considered to be more difficult that it is worth more league points. Your performance is unrelated.