The Set Way To Play

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KSI BBQ

02-01-2013

As new to the game mode, dominion, i didnt know what to expect. And Riot didnt disappoint. It was and epic fight and there was never any downtime. However, when I started PvP, i found out that there was a "Right Way" to play. Tank bottom and 4 top, what is that about? I found out that when my friend and I followed this "Rule", we lost 50% more game. Now, is there really a "Way" to play dominion, or can I just have fun?

wingstreet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

the only RIGHT way to play is make sure u have revive and 2 garrisons. having a good team comp will ALWAYS help of course but it's not needed if you guys are coordinated. 4 top with one capping mid and 1 bot is meta. the reason 3 go top and 1 caps mid is because the Windmill (top) is the furthest away from both spawns and the hardest to maintain. if your goal is to just have fun don't expect to win more than 50% ever imo.

NamKim

02-01-2013

Sauron's guide pretty much covers everything.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2244698

As for the "Right Way to Play," that's subjective. It's just the meta right now. I don't believe in the idea that there is a "right way to play" because that makes it sound like there really is only one way to play. There should be a ton of different ways to play and you should only be limited by your imaginations.

That being said, the current meta is a bot laner and four top. Although, I will say that those who do a different strategy at low elo can really stomp the other team since they will most likely be unable to change.

Imagine if someone sent the ADC and Support top to fight the solo top on Summoner's Rift. But bot, they got someone like Yorick to just hold that lane as long as they can. More experienced players will find a way to adapt to their situation. Newer players will be completely shaken up and now your team has the advantage because it's a 2v1 top. Jungler probably cannot apply the necessary pressure to even things out, etc. I would actually love to see a lot more different ways to play.

As for why you're losing games, without more information, it's hard for me to comment.

XantheInsane

02-01-2013

Gank bot.

KSI BBQ

02-01-2013

I just feel that all the maps have a certain way to , and if you dont do it perfectly, you will loose

wingstreet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

all maps have a meta which is a tested and proven great/safe way to play a map. SR has a very tight meta and dom has a loosely placed one. think of the meta as a guideline to success. you don't have to do it but it improves your chances.