Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Am I the only one who hate Garen more than Darius?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deepfriedspam

02-01-2013

Garen is a champ who deserves a three stooges voice over,. every time he q's, i mentally hear the Curly "woowoowoowoowoo" as he runs off with almost no health.

douap759

02-01-2013

most ap top can shut him down easily... rumble / akali etc..

migty1joe

02-01-2013

That tankness DD

Uccisore

02-01-2013

Quote:
Arcana Lancer:
I'm not complaining about how OP Garen is nor defending Darius. But that passive of Garen is just plain a pain in the ass when u have to lane against him.Not OP but just annoying. Anyone else?

I was about to agree with you, but then I remembered I even hate Darius when he's on my own team, since all he's good for is killstealing after level 11 or so.

Ansaa

02-01-2013

Quote:
KarlWayneJenkins:
Sorry friend but garen gets OWNED by armor whereas darius has magic damage on the bleed.

No one build armor anymore though!

Besides, if you buy armor Garen buys Black Cleaver, and his spin applies all the stacks.

That, and when he gets all the health items (Warmogs) + his passive, his HP regen is just insane xD

Garen has magic damage, so he isn't 1 damage type :P

Nasdrovia499

02-01-2013

Quote:
Arcana Lancer:
Would be fun if there's an actual way to prevent him from going back to turret, the only Garen players that will keep playing aggressive all the time are the ones in lower elo :/

If he goes to tower, he misses cs. In the meantime you farm for free, and back off instead of trading once you've taken the farm.

Btw, Garen's passive is way weaker now that everyone buys **** tons of potions. Whether you go full pots/wards, or rejuv bead, or cloth+5, you can still sustain a lot of damage, which makes his own passive worth less. Back when almost no one had sustain top and everyone started boots, it was ridiculous, as he wouldn't even need to win the trade to force you to go back.

Hawkhell

02-01-2013

Darius can completely get destroyed in lane and still end the game with a positive K/D from his ult.

Garen is a beast in lane and Teemo has to be really, really smart to got get destroyed. I normally wait until lv 3 Q, flash, ignite, spin and teemo normally dead or has to go back.

Garen can be counter played. I play Garen top in draft all the time until someone else picks him. So far I have not had a problem beating Garen on Darius. Garen may have the better strait up fighting power, but its hard for Garen to escape a gank fighting Darius with a pull and a slow.

Edit: "most ap top can shut him down easily... rumble / akali etc.."

Akali beats Garen? I would love to fight an Akali that can get close to beating me top lane.

Zedophelia

02-01-2013

Quote:
zadar:
Dude Garen is one of the absolute worst champions in the game. The reason being is that he is counter-played by not being an idiot. Maintain your distance from him and don't face check bushes. Ward the lane bushes if you have to. Once he silences you and starts spinning don't be a downie and run away taking free damage stand there and hit him back with stuff until spin is done. You can also just passively farm your lane for a few levels. Aka dont push like a downie, last hit only. If you try and over power him at levels 1 -3 you are playing his game and will lose.

HAHA just stand in his spin and take the damage, you should right a guide on how to be bad at LOL. ill wait.

JoshuaRobinnn

02-01-2013

honestly. I ban Garen.

zadar

02-01-2013

Quote:
Zedophelia:
HAHA just stand in his spin and take the damage, you should right a guide on how to be bad at LOL. ill wait.

Sir, once you have made the mistake of getting silenced and hit by spin you will not walk away from it and avoid damage. All you have effectively done in this situation is take a whole bunch of damage without reciprocating damage to Garen. The smart play in this situation is to deal damage back to Garen during his spin.