Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


How to put Nasus back in top lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

octavian1127

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Nasus is still a strong top laner, just takes time to ramp up and is vulnerable to anyone who can interrupt his farming (teemo for example)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

migty1joe

Senior Member

02-01-2013

It is not that he is not strong already, ppl just dont like (know) to play him. And he is easy countered.
But still i love him and he is very strong.
Try attack speed runes and you will have better time top with him, because he is countered by champions with higher atkspeed. Also nasus should be played as very tanky and he is strongest mid game if you get decent farm. Also it is not all about his Q. For me his most important ability is w-e, than ult and q. When i play him i dont go in game with goal of farming q, i play normal as any other champ, but ofc i farm q whenever i can but it is not crucial.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xanthalis

Senior Member

02-01-2013

It's true he was a bad pick in S2, but the preseason patch helped him out a lot. He's not been a bad pick for a couple of weeks now. Plus in the next patch he's getting a buff and may make jungle Nasus effective.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spyman148

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Couldn't you just pick him and call top?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ETamir

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
migty1joe:
It is not that he is not strong already, ppl just dont like (know) to play him. And he is easy countered.
But still i love him and he is very strong.
Try attack speed runes and you will have better time top with him, because he is countered by champions with higher atkspeed.


How AS runes supposed to help?

I think running armour and Mr runes would be best call with HP quints thrown there


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ETamir

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Spyman148:
Couldn't you just pick him and call top?


thing is, in ranked games you need your team


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

migty1joe

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
ETamir:
How AS runes supposed to help?

I think running armour and Mr runes would be best call with HP quints thrown there

He have life steal passive and with attack speed runes you can fight from lvl 1 harras your opponent out of lane. Even easier after lvl3, and 6


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mhm916

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Kreshel:
Nasus was very strong against the common autoattackers of top with his wither. Now abilities and poke are the rule, so I think wither should decrease damage dealt by abilities, like exhaust does.


Um... basically what you're implying is not to give him an ability like exhaust but to GIVE him an exhaust ability?

No.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xanthalis

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
migty1joe:
He have life steal passive and with attack speed runes you can fight from lvl 1 harras your opponent out of lane. Even easier after lvl3, and 6


Sorry, but I have a hard time seeing this happen.

If you harrassed as Nasus you'd either burn through your mana and not be able to farm Q or you'd sit there and auto attack them, while in range for their harrass and in range of their minions, while keeping an eye on minions to Q farm, which means you'd not be able to use your abilities against your opponent.

AS runes on Nasus don't seem effective and Nasus has no leg to stand on early game to harrass anyone, let alone out of lane. That's the gamble you take with Nasus, a really weak early game in exchange for a godlike late game, if you earn it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kreshel

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
migty1joe:
He have life steal passive and with attack speed runes you can fight from lvl 1 harras your opponent out of lane. Even easier after lvl3, and 6


but you can't keep autoattacking if you are poked...