Swain or Malzahar?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Conail

02-15-2014

I have enough IP right now to get a new champion and I can't decide between the two. I haven't used either one before but looking at their abilities they both seem fun.

So which one should I get and why?

KryptoKroenen

02-15-2014

Both are really fun, Swain seems to be more powerful at the moment. Late game he can run around in teamfights with his ult on and be virtually unkillable. This one game lasted 60+ minutes, I built a Seraphs, rabadons, boots, and 3 fully stacked Rods of Ages. 4K HP and 800 AP, plus infinite mana. GG

Caustic Crusader

02-15-2014

I would take Swain. They both hurt lacking mobility, but Swain has a bit better sustain through his ult. Malzahar can't do anything about someone jumping him, he gets completely melted. Swain usually winds up being built somewhat defensively, so he can take a bit more punishment. Thing is, Swain's pre-6 is a lot weaker than Malzahar's, so if you want a lane bully, take Malz.

Another thing, Swain's playstyle is more of a punishing the other's mistakes kind of game, and he's more a slow burn you to death style champ. It's a different style from going all out, so if you're not into that type of play style, I would go for Malz.

Conail

02-15-2014

Ok so it looks like Swain so far, anyone who prefers Malz care to say anything?

CoffeeHangover

02-15-2014

100-0 Mundo with DFG, W, R
I am done.

seniorsnuggly

02-15-2014

Swain because Tyrant Swain.

The White Plague

02-15-2014

Malz is more viable

SZEFEN

Recruiter

02-15-2014

Swain is mana gated hard. Without a blue he's pretty weak while Malz suffers from poor mobility and his ult is a double edge sword.

Both are semi viable. Malz does way more damage while swain is an offtank AP DPS.

IMO Morgana/Syndra are champs of a similar style you might also want to consider if you don't like the popular control mages.

SZEFEN

Recruiter

02-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeHangover View Post
100-0 Mundo with DFG, W, R
I am done.
DFG on Malz? Lel

Daedalus871

02-15-2014

Malzahar.

He can blow up anyone with just penetration.