Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Goth Annie, why should you be able to get her for cheaper?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prof Nekko

02-01-2013

Quote:
Koverius:
You're a complete idiot if you buy a 3900 RP bundle for just the skin, any ways.

That's kinda the point of the analogy... I was pointing out how it would be unfair pricing if two parties pay the same price for the same object yet they get the object does not give the same return to both parties.

TsKen

02-01-2013

Quote:
Overlord Priere:
Here's an example:

Man #1 goes into McDonalds around December. The cashier informs him they're offering the McRib for a limited time. He buys a McRib Combo for $6.50.

One Year Later: Man #2 enters a McDonalds. He asks for a McRib. The cashier asks him if he wants the combo, and he says "Can I just get the sandwich?" "Sure that'll be $4."

Suddenly, Man #1 flys through the door screaming at the top of his lungs "You told me it was limited!!!!!!" and smacks the money out of Man #2's hands. Man #1 proceeds to make a huge fuss, that even if the McRib isn't going to be limited, Man #2 should have to buy the full combo. After 5 minutes of arguing, Man #2 just gets a big mac while Man #1 glares at him smugly.

Best.Analogy NA.

Cooltrainer Ian

02-03-2013

It's a character skin. anyone who already owns NEVER USES IT anyways. let other people have it. champion skins rotate in and out of sales ALL THE TIME and no one *****es about it. to the people that wait, and wait, and wait, for the ONE skin they've been dying to get to go on sale, out of 100+ champions and 600+ skins, it takes a long time for that one to come around. you wait for it, it finally happens, you buy the skin, YAY. you could buy it at full price. no one cares. it's not like them buying it makes you UNABLE to use the one you've already had for YEARS anyways. and despite owning it for YEARS you never even pick the champ anyways so it just gathers e-dust. but noooo no one can have it cause you spent money on a bundle just for 1 skin out of it and now you feel stupid for it cause you had no idea that years later it was gonna be temporarily available to purchase again. you people make puke.

Hyru

02-03-2013

Quote:
DominatorV4:
Then why call it exclusive at all?

Riot said the same about limited skins never being on sale again.

Know how they got around it? They made the next hallow / xmas skins "Legacy" so they had a chance to return.

How is that not changing their logic for seasonal skins?

Shin0bu

02-03-2013

I owned all the champions in the bundle and bought it JUST for the Annie skin, after seeing how nice it looked after the update. This was before I knew about the possibility of it coming on sale for 975.

If they did go through with it I'd be so annoyed :P

Randomocity132

02-03-2013

Quote:
DominatorV4:
So far no one has been able to answer this question.

If I had a big bag of money and gave it to 1 small group of people for whatever reason (etc they earned it, inherited it, won it), and then there was another larger group of people who didn't get anything but they still wanted the money. Is it right that the smaller group of people should give their money away just because the larger group wants it?

This analogy is terrible.

K G Morder

02-03-2013

Quote:
Shin0bu:
I owned all the champions in the bundle and bought it JUST for the Annie skin, after seeing how nice it looked after the update. This was before I knew about the possibility of it coming on sale for 975.

If they did go through with it I'd be so annoyed :P

Then you are a moron, and other should not have to waste their money because you did.

I Like Tanks

02-03-2013

Goth Annie ended up only costing 120RP in the bundle.
A recent post by RiotAmes claims that the skin was neither exclusive or limited.

im not dan

02-03-2013

Panda Annie.