Goth Annie, why should you be able to get her for cheaper?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koverius

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof Nekko View Post
ok now... I'm going to explain this clear and simple with LOGIC based off of the new solution King Hippo is considering implimentation.

Jon and Bill both want Goth Annie

Jon is a new player to the game and does not own any champions, he buys the bundle for 3900 RP

Bill is a seasoned veteran, and owns all 20 champions listed, but he still wants the skin.

If Bill buys the bundle, he will not get the same value that Jon got from buying the bundle, as you can not own the same champion two times over.

So essentially, this issue is not getting fair treatment as the reward for the bundle purchase is a variable result while the cost is a constant.

Now there are two solutions to the problem, 1: Make Goth Annie an individual purchase, if only for a limited time. or 2. Adjust the price of the bundle to compensate for any champions bought.

Option 1 was the first attempted plan, and led to a bunch of people calling foul over the fact they bought the bundle for the skin, and it is not fair that they had to shell out a lot of money while a new person shells out significantly less. money for the skin, but no champions.

Option 2 is a win for everyone as people cannot complain it is not "bundle exclusive" anymore and people don't have to pay out the tailend just for a single skin
You're a complete idiot if you buy a 3900 RP bundle for just the skin, any ways.

Mhm916

02-01-2013

Because anyone who bought the 3900 bundle for the Annie skin alone, especially BEFORE the remodel, are lying sacks of sh*t.

Now with the remodel, they changed their stories up. Hence they are lying sacks of sh*t because from the way I see it, they're full of sh*t.

P.S. - I don't even want the skin, but it's easy to smell sh*t when someone's mouth is so full of it.

DominatorV4

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlord Priere View Post
Here's an example:

Man #1 goes into McDonalds around December. The cashier informs him they're offering the McRib for a limited time. He buys a McRib Combo for $6.50.

One Year Later: Man #2 enters a McDonalds. He asks for a McRib. The cashier asks him if he wants the combo, and he says "Can I just get the sandwich?" "Sure that'll be $4."

Suddenly, Man #1 flys through the door screaming at the top of his lungs "You told me it was limited!!!!!!" and smacks the money out of Man #2's hands. Man #1 proceeds to make a huge fuss, that even if the McRib isn't going to be limited, Man #2 should have to buy the full combo. After 5 minutes of arguing, Man #2 just gets a big mac while Man #1 glares at him smugly.
And people said my analogy was bad.

Haraiko

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsKen View Post
Weekly skin sales

people buy skin

complain about compensation.

how are Goth annie special? They are not exclusive or limited as riot stated since everybody can buy her through the bundle.
You know how?
Cause we know that when a new skin comes out (not legendary at least) would go out on a sale eventually. Did we know that the goth annie skin will ever go on sale? No. That's why some people bought the bundle for the sake of getting the skin and being unique.

Uccisore

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominatorV4 View Post
This is not a jab at anyone. Right now I am being completely neutral. I would just like to know why. Here is a question that relates to how people are feeling at the moment. So far no one has been able to answer this question.
Well, you're asking the wrong question. Nobody is entitled to get the Goth Annie skin or any other skin. However, if Riot feels like changing the price on any of their products, they absolutely have the right to do that whenever they feel like it, and they don't have to consult you first.
Goth Annie is a tricky situation. It's not like a limited edition skin that isn't sold at all anymore- bringing that back would clearly be unfair on Riot's part. They SELL the Goth Annie skin, but they sell it as an exclusive part of a bundle. Keep in mind, if they wanted to, they could just reduce the entire price of the bundle and put it on sale to promote the new skin, and the people who bought it at the higher price would suddenly have no argument, just like people who buy anything before it goes on sale have no argument.
However, if Riot put that whole bundle on sale for 975 RP, maybe they would lose money. Maybe they CAN'T sell it that cheap, and that fact is what makes the skin so exclusive. In that case, then selling the skin for 975 starts to feel a lot more like going back on their word. So it's complicated.

Haraiko

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koverius View Post
It's made by Riot and Riot can change that if they want to. Something exclusive several years ago doesn't necessarily have to be exclusive in the future.

It's also only available for like a week. Cry more.
Yes and Riot made the decision to not put it on sale for 10days. Cry more.

DominatorV4

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uccisore View Post
Well, you're asking the wrong question. Nobody is entitled to get the Goth Annie skin or any other skin. However, if Riot feels like changing the price on any of their products, they absolutely have the right to do that whenever they feel like it, and they don't have to consult you first.
Goth Annie is a tricky situation. It's not like a limited edition skin that isn't sold at all anymore- bringing that back would clearly be unfair on Riot's part. They SELL the Goth Annie skin, but they sell it as an exclusive part of a bundle. Keep in mind, if they wanted to, they could just reduce the entire price of the bundle and put it on sale to promote the new skin, and the people who bought it at the higher price would suddenly have no argument, just like people who buy anything before it goes on sale have no argument.
However, if Riot put that whole bundle on sale for 975 RP, maybe they would lose money. Maybe they CAN'T sell it that cheap, and that fact is what makes the skin so exclusive. In that case, then selling the skin for 975 starts to feel a lot more like going back on their word. So it's complicated.
While I agree they are entitled to do what they want, some would see this whole Annie thing as a "dick move".

DominatorV4

02-01-2013

no one has answered the question :/

Kr1sys

02-01-2013

Bad analogy is bad

Uccisore

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominatorV4 View Post
While I agree they are entitled to do what they want, some would see this whole Annie thing as a "dick move".
Well, some people ALWAYS see sales as dick moves when they're on the wrong side of them. Whenever any company sells anything for cheaper there's always that guy who takes it as a personal injury that he bought it before the sale. Nevertheless, sales happen, and I think those people are unreasonable.