Goth Annie, why should you be able to get her for cheaper?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aggrbargl

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Letting more people obtain an infinite, intangible product doesn't take anything but special snowflake feelings away from the people who already have it. It's not remotely comparable to redistributing money.

There are coherent arguments against the sale that just make you look selfish. This one managed to make you look stupid, too.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DominatorV4

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA USA USA USA View Post
You're getting downvoted because you claim to be neutral then take a side, while also using one of the worst analogies I've ever read.
My question is neutral, if someone can give a valid reason as to why they should get it then that's great, I will accept it. If they can't then...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zaels

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominatorV4 View Post
It's mainly because a lot of people were under the impression that Goth Annie was to be an exclusive skin that was only available in a bundle.
Suppose they put the bundle on sale instead. Would it still be a big deal?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aggrbargl

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Considering it benefits Riot and the buyers and hurts no one, I think the onus is on you to explain why they shouldn't.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WReX85

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
If I had a big bag of money and gave it to 1 small group of people for whatever reason (etc they earned it, inherited it, won it), and then there was another larger group of people who didn't get anything but they still wanted the money. Is it right that the smaller group of people should give their money away just because the larger group wants it?
This is a terrible analogy. Try this one.

True story. My friend bought a 51" Samsung tv at best buy for $1100. A few months later I see the same tv on sale for $799 so I buy it too. Now my friend did not cry like a little baby when I told him that i got the same tv for $300 cheaper then he did. He did not go to best buy and ***** them out for selling it to me for cheaper.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DominatorV4

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WReX85 View Post
This is a terrible analogy. Try this one.

True story. My friend bought a 51" Samsung tv at best buy for $1100. A few months later I see the same tv on sale for $799 so I buy it too. Now my friend did not cry like a little baby when I told him that i got the same tv for $300 cheaper then he did. He did not go to best buy and ***** them out for selling it to me for cheaper.
Goth Annie is not something that loses its value over time though. It will remain at 3900rp unless Riot changes the bundle.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fenstick

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominatorV4 View Post
It's mainly because a lot of people were under the impression that Goth Annie was to be an exclusive skin that was only available in a bundle.
That's their own fault for assuming when Riot never said that it was so.

And your OP was downvoted because your analogy is awful. It's not like if I bought a standalone Goth Annie that yours no longer gets black fire, which is what your analogy suggests. I have a better one:

I go out and buy this great "Mancave Special" With a tv, surround sound speakers, stadium seats and as an added bonus, they throw in a free gift, a massage chair, all for $3900! Sweet deal I say, and I buy that and go home with it immediately. My friend already has the tv and speakers and doesn't really want the seats but still wants the massage chair, so he just goes out and buys the massage chair by itself for $975. Does it somehow make my massage chair any worse? Does it somehow take away value from my entire package that I bought? Nope. I should feel happy for my friend because he got what he wanted for a price that he thought was fair, and I got a bunch of stuff at a higher price that happened to include the chair he bought and I got it for free.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koverius

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinkyPinkyPie View Post
Like i said give me the difference between the new price and the price i paid for it then idk who has it otherwise i think its a little bit bs
You didn't just buy the skin. The skin was a bonus inside of a bundle.

Does nobody understand this?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voidgolem

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominatorV4 View Post
Goth Annie is not something that loses its value over time though. It will remain at 3900rp unless Riot changes the bundle.
Goth Annie's value is not 3900 RP.

Goth Annie's value, mathematically speaking, is something like 390 RP. Plus a bunch of RP due to the bundle containing several champions and a pile of RP on it's own.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DominatorV4

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koverius View Post
You didn't just buy the skin. The skin was a bonus inside of a bundle.

Does nobody understand this?
What is there to say that you were buying the skin and the champions were a bonus?