I auto-hit punish in tribunal, 21 case winning streak AMA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kill N Blast

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadrakill Amumu View Post
Even when the cases random to games where the players were doing nothing wrong and you are duty-bound to vote pardon, that player is 99.9+% likely to be guilty. You are letting 999 guilty toxic jackasses go unpunished to protect the 1 innocent, but that is the cost we pay to protect the innocent.

Is spamming punish bad? Yeah, but really only very very very very slightly bad. For the high character guys, we don't even want to be very very very very slightly bad, so we review every case carefully, but even if you just spammed punish, 99.97+% of the time you are punishing the guilty anyway, so the Tribunal works either way.
My question is since it's 99% punish why does riot hire players to do this?!?!?

DaJuggerHobbit

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runolf View Post
First of all we have no way of knowing if he's telling the truth or just trolling out of boredom because the server is down. Secondly I review all the cases before I punish/Pardon. I tend to pardon about two in ten cases and after almost a thousand cases reviewed I'm sitting at a 96.6% accuracy rating.

That means that for the most part I'm right on par with the majority of reviewers. Roughly 20% of Tribunal cases are pardoned, which are reading cases over several months I can say is about right when it comes to how often people are reported and then sent to tribunal cases unjustly. The system isn't as broken as the mass of 12-16 year old kids would have you believe. Its the minority of punished players that cry on the forums that has people believing otherwise because the players who are reported but are pardoned have no idea or reason to post at all.

If you have been playing at least a few months there is a very good chance you have been reported several times by trolls and possibly sent before the tribunal yet there are millions of players who have never been punished in anyway. Its not quite as busted as some would have you believe.

You're right on par with the majority, eh? Well sir, that makes you a pompous hypocrite of the nth degree... if you wanna police people, go be a pre-K teacher.

PeaceKeeper18

02-01-2013

Case #6174892

Pardoned

DaJuggerHobbit

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadrakill Amumu View Post
Even when the cases random to games where the players were doing nothing wrong and you are duty-bound to vote pardon, that player is 99.9+% likely to be guilty. You are letting 999 guilty toxic jackasses go unpunished to protect the 1 innocent, but that is the cost we pay to protect the innocent.

Is spamming punish bad? Yeah, but really only very very very very slightly bad. For the high character guys, we don't even want to be very very very very slightly bad, so we review every case carefully, but even if you just spammed punish, 99.97+% of the time you are punishing the guilty anyway, so the Tribunal works either way.
Oh, the logical fallacies... the stupidity... the ignorance...
Also, I could smell the self-righteous stench radiating from you all the way in Illinois.

Quadrakill Amumu

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarq View Post
It is also why Riot should be handling all reported players in house and not using it's player base to make rulings. Yes, Riot would need to hire more people, but at least then the punishment system would be more reliable. Obviously Riot has the cash flow to hire more employee's.

You would be hard pressed to find another (major) title that would even consider letting players determine to punish/pardon other players. I've been gaming online since 1994 (yes, I'm old) and I have never seen another game that has done this. Well I did play a few MU*s that would allow this, in a public square, as an RP tool... I don't think that really counts though.
Indeed.

If Riot were to review all cases (they get the whole schbam, not just a random sampling of reported games which can very easily miss all the true offending games), then we wouldn't have to let 999 guilty players go for every 1 innocent player we saved from punishment.

Of course, those 999 guilty players who would have otherwise gotten pardoned by the flawed Tribunal system probably wouldn't like it very much, but shat, f*** them.