Azubu Drop Blaze and Frost

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LastTestament

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Sponsors be greedy or the greater issue of a free to play game going competitive when content is part of the free to play model?

dota 2 will not have any heroes not ported from the original dota for awhile..when they do..it will be probably like two heroes a year if that. Dota relies on rock paper scissors

Tribes ascend dropped from the Esports team when you started be able to buy power, smite and other Hi-rez games will have similar fates.

same deal with Hon and many other games like planetside (although planetside 2 has it's own issues with it's server being a milkcan filled with hamsters)

and yes i am aware of lol popularity but popularity doesn't always mean good fit for Esports, consistently is king and based on this season item revise...LoL changes massively far more regularly then other Esports games.

Lol is a great spectator game but will it continue to attract e sports teams when it shifts so rapidly?

as much as i love lol..I feel PBE and Live are basically the same. were a test group not a playerbase.

LastTestament

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Jes Sayin

Micalas

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastTestament View Post
supposedly the drop was due to azuba.tv wanting to give the teams less cash for their streams.
Probably due to the fact that no one was going to watch anything on azubu.tv. We have twitch.tv and own3d.tv with more people. We don't need azubu.tv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastTestament View Post
inb4 regi fires dyrus and replaces him with a frost member
inb4 that happens and then the new frost member starts a mutiny and fires regi.

Death0998

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micalas View Post
Probably due to the fact that no one was going to watch anything on azubu.tv. We have twitch.tv and own3d.tv with more people. We don't need azubu.tv.

I think you missed the part where own3d is dead and CLG are going on azubu.tv

LastTestament

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micalas View Post

Hoes can't fire the pimp...Regardless of how bad or limited regi is...he controls the money.

Weatha

02-02-2013

If Quantic doesn't pick up Good Game University, I could see them picking up Frost or Blaze. Im not sure if Crs would invest in a third professional team right now....I wouldnt put it past Eclypisa or Startale to make an offer either...

Sinksan

02-02-2013

so funny how you americans think some random unimportant american organization like quantic will get one of the azubu teams...

And EG or Curse would never pick up a team, which is impossible to market to the western world.
Those korean teams get sposnored by the biggest korean corporations, and they have 0 impact on the western market, they dont even speak english.
There is no reason for an american org to pick up one of the azubu teams, while every korean org will give their left arm to get one of them.