About Elise nerf (Max Q first?)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscanX

02-01-2013

I usally max Q first when I top lane, but now will it be better to max W instead and keep Q at lvl. 1, to max it second? Combo E + W in human form seems more interesting to me with the patch since the mana cost of E is low now. I got a lot of questions about how the patch will afect Elise gameplay and I really want to know how people who play Elise often see that nerf.

Also, do you think it's still viable to go AP tanky Elise? Or better will be AD Elise?

TheOnlyJaces

02-01-2013

I thought Elise was fine the way she was.
Sad that everytime I buy a champ, it get nerfed XD

Nowiser

02-01-2013

I guess I do not really see how this was a nerf of Elise... Yes that ability gets spammed a lot, but they did not change the damage of it at all. Only becomes an issue if you are not good at managing mana. Unless im missing something... the extra mana cost of neurotoxin wont make or break her, cacoon also went down. Maybe im missing something? But I dont think nerf is the right word...

Clockworksummonr

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowiser View Post
I guess I do not really see how this was a nerf of Elise... Yes that ability gets spammed a lot, but they did not change the damage of it at all. Only becomes an issue if you are not good at managing mana. Unless im missing something... the extra mana cost of neurotoxin wont make or break her, cacoon also went down. Maybe im missing something? But I dont think nerf is the right word...
Mana redistribution?

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Well, the spell has a low CD so was spammed. 60 mana vs 80-100 mana is a very big nerf, increasing cost by 33% to 67%.
Clearly she wont be able to poke near as hard as before since she can cast that much less than normal...unless you get some MP5 to deal with it.

Cocoon is rarely used during laning, except to discourage the bad guys when they try to Gapclose. Then they eat the cocoon,Q,W,autoattack combo as you move back and they eat creep dmg.
And to prevent or assist with ganks.
So tahts not much of an offset.

Zacewing

02-01-2013

I think they nerfed the mana cost way too much on her Q. It completely neutralizes her ability to harass, which was the only way she could push lanes in early game. She's still good in mid and late game if you build extra mana on her, but she can't do jack **** in early game, especially if she's solo laning.

Elise was already a mana muncher before her nerf; post-nerf, her early game is practically unplayable if you're solo laning.

HepatitisQ

02-01-2013

Just get some pots early game to fix that then. I had a feeling this nerf was coming right when I first tried her out.

Zacewing

02-01-2013

imo, they should have nerfed the AP scaling instead of the mana cost. Cause the AP scaling is pretty ridiculous on it (20-30 AP = +1%? By endgame you'll have like +15% on it)

CDR Shepard

02-02-2013

Her AP scaling are awful as it stands, they recently buffed them. They're not about to turn around and nerf those same scalings.

Besides based on experience, building straight AP isn't really the way to go... I've found running her as a tanky AP bruiser works well in top lane

But, that increase in mana on the q will cause some problems on her... as Warrrrax said, thats a 33%-67% increase on mana costs. THAT'S her main form of harass, especially in the top lane vs tankier champs... we'll just have to see