AP Yi nerf? Are you nuts?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeiXue

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Marte View Post
I've played AP Yi quite a bit and have experienced playing against him in ranked, normals, etc. He did not need a nerf at all.

AP Yi Pros cons:


Pros:
-Able to farm extremely well.
-Heal up full hp in seconds
-Does decent damage with Alpha strike


Cons:
-Extremely squishy and has low HP if you build him AP
-Easily shut down with almost any CC or ignite
-Has only 2-3 useful abilities instead of 4 when playing AP
-He is generally only useful to clean up at end of fights
-He has to be fed to be effective
-Long cooldowns
-Shut down in any decently experienced ranked game
-Generally a pretty weak late game


Anyone who plays AP yi in ranked usually gets crushed. CC shuts him down instantly.
2K+ heal is not squishy last time I checked. Throw on a Rylai's, your argument is invalid.
Slows and snares don't do anything when he meditates. His heal still has a 2.0 ratio with ignite.
He has 4 useful abilities still. Base AD+E passive+Nashor's doesn't give as much dps as a full ADC, but it's still enough to hurt like hell while he waits for the Alpha CD, CD resets from ult, perfect ratio on Q, and a 4.0 ratio heal? Not even Soraka has that.
If you're just cleaning up, you're doing it wrong.
The only midlane that can really do anything to AP Yi is Ryze because of the instasnare. Combined with the instant lane clear and getting fed is no issue.
Weak late game? Uh..what? I'm sorry but, 1.0/4.0 ratios and CD resets don't constitute weak late game in my book.

And shut down in any decent ranked game is no excuse. Not everyone plays at high tiers, and especially when you're in solo queue there is no guarantee that anyone is even going to have someone able to shut him down.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PerfidiousAlbion

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlychuck View Post
Honestly what they need to do is make an item that you can buy which can inturrupt a channled skill. I mean something like urgot, malzahar, or ww ult are powerful... but buy a QSS and they are made almost useless if used on you. Why not give a way to inturrupt all channeled skill? Even if it's like a 2minute CD.
Most champions already have some way of interrupting a channeled skill as it is. Some champions have multiple ways to interrupt, Blitz for example has three. Every team needs CC. If there's a champion that you specifically need some form of CC to counter you save that CC for that situation (an example would be Ali saving his knockback to use against Fiddles or Kennen after they ult).

Quote:
Originally Posted by I*******I View Post
Because Champs without any of these debuffs don't exist..... there are like 30 champions that canīt do anything about this... thats the problem. also his W makes mid game laning completely unfair.
It's a team game mate. You don't need every champion on your team to have an interrupt, but across your team you should have at least a few available. And the majority of mids do have some way of interrupting a channeled ability. If you're playing blind pick or someone uses Yi as a counter pick against your own choice that's the price you pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaurok View Post
Stop your whining. Yi instantly gains 300 MR and armor the moment you start the channel. You don't need the broken 4.0 AP ratio on it to use it well. It will still be very strong with a 2.0 AP ratio considering they buffed the base.

4.0 AP ratio was broken. It gave him way too much sustain during lane phase.
I'm not the one who needs to throw hissy fits about mediocre champs because I can't apparently make use of widely known counters.

If you interrupt the channel he instantly looses that defensive steroid. If someone on your team has saved CC for Meditate it ends up being, at best, a weak form of spell shield.

The funny thing is that this nerf won't stop people like you from complaining. If he goes uninterrupted it'll still be a high value heal that lets him tank entire teams. It's just that an already mediocre champ will now be even weaker against good players that didn't need help dealing with him in the first place. Riot supposedly doesn't nerf around low ELO play, but this is an excellent example of them placating the screaming masses with regards to a champ that has no place at the competitive level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLeiYu View Post
2K+ heal is not squishy last time I checked. Throw on a Rylai's, your argument is invalid.
Slows and snares don't do anything when he meditates. His heal still has a 2.0 ratio with ignite.
He has 4 useful abilities still. Base AD+E passive+Nashor's doesn't give as much dps as a full ADC, but it's still enough to hurt like hell while he waits for the Alpha CD, CD resets from ult, perfect ratio on Q, and a 4.0 ratio heal? Not even Soraka has that.
If you're just cleaning up, you're doing it wrong.
The only midlane that can really do anything to AP Yi is Ryze because of the instasnare. Combined with the instant lane clear and getting fed is no issue.
Weak late game? Uh..what? I'm sorry but, 1.0/4.0 ratios and CD resets don't constitute weak late game in my book.

And shut down in any decent ranked game is no excuse. Not everyone plays at high tiers, and especially when you're in solo queue there is no guarantee that anyone is even going to have someone able to shut him down.
Are you crazy? You seriously think having three AA steroids on a champion not building AD, AS or crit chance and who has a large part of their strategy involving channeling for up to five seconds in a teamfight isn't a disadvantage? AP Yi gets minimal benefit from his passive and E, and loses out on a sizable chunk of his ult. Yeah Alpha Strike does amazing damage. It doesn't come close to doing the damage most AP carries can dish out unless it gets reset more than three times in a team fight.

If you're playing on a team without useful interrupts you make sure your pick fulfills that need. If your team is bad an can't be bothered to cover their bases then AD Yi is the least of your concerns.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Llanite

Senior Member

02-01-2013

AP Yi follows useless but annoying style.

If he somehow does fine due to his opponents being bad, they dislike him for being "OP" and lobby nerf. AP Yi is nerfed? They laugh at you.
Most of the time, he is useless in teamfight and his team also dislike him, for being useless. AP Yi is nerf? they also laugh at you.

Either way, you are dead fish. If you are trying to main him, I'm sorry for you time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jinemba

Member

02-01-2013

I don't even need to play Master Yi to know that his nerf was uncalled for. Unless you aren't skilled whatsoever or are like under 1,000 elo you would know that when Yi goes AP his only damaging ability is literally his Q, his heal will heal him up tons but all you need is some CC and it breaks his heal channeling and now he is just a full AP character whose only AP offensive skill is on cooldown. His basic attack will do less than moderate damage and that will be at base attack speed which is quite slow. If you don't have CC in your arsenal then you poke him with basic or low cooldown skills until he heals, once he heals just burst him down.

To many people take champions whose skills read clearly as AP and just rework them and turn them into every other boring champion who just stacks attack speed, damage and lifesteal making the core character useless and using him only for his passive and escape via ultimate. As much as people want to brush it away forever, the fact is Master Yi was meant to shine in AP. His main skill is scaled off of AP, his main sustain is hugely scaled off of AP, and once he uses his only strong AP offensive skill he is done for and that is why he was filled in with a great escape to survive those team fights after you've used your Q and some less than mediocre buffs to his basic attacks which are useless because although they buff his basic damage, it still doesn't reach the damage of other champs and the attack speed is still to slow to make it useful.

If you want to build a bunch of Trinity Forces, Phantom Dancers, Infinity Edges and all those things build it on a character it was meant to be on. Unless you just started playing League of Legends when everyone thinks AD Yi is unstoppable you'd know that whoever is playing AD Yi becomes useless once you build thornmail.

Just build a thornmail and whatever you normally build on your character and AD Yi is no longer a threat as long as you can play up to that Yi's level and land your skills properly.

Again Yi is meant to be a strong AP Burst Assassin with his Q who has a great healing ability to keep him alive between his bursts. He is meant to burst down the enemy team in team fights but they made him completely balanced because of his cooldowns. His heal is on a long enough cooldown that it won't be happening more than once in a teamfight and in most teamfights the entire enemy team isnt extremely low all at the same time. Once he uses his Q to burst down one enemy in a team fight usually the other 4 survive and he now has his burst on cooldown.