AP Yi nerf? Are you nuts?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

deadlychuck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Marte View Post
I've played AP Yi quite a bit and have experienced playing against him in ranked, normals, etc. He did not need a nerf at all.

AP Yi Pros cons:


Pros:
-Able to farm extremely well.
-Heal up full hp in seconds
-Does decent damage with Alpha strike


Cons:
-Extremely squishy and has low HP if you build him AP
-Easily shut down with almost any CC or ignite
-Has only 2-3 useful abilities instead of 4 when playing AP
-He is generally only useful to clean up at end of fights
-He has to be fed to be effective
-Long cooldowns
-Shut down in any decently experienced ranked game
-Generally a pretty weak late game


Anyone who plays AP yi in ranked usually gets crushed. CC shuts him down instantly.
You say Yi doesn't need a nerf but consider this, AP TF

Pros:
-Able to farm extremely well.
-Does decent damage with Wild Card

Cons:
-Extremely squishy and has low HP if you build him AP
-Easily shut down with almost any CC
-Has only 2 useful fighting abilities instead of 5 no matter how you build him
-He is generally only useful to clean up at end of fights
-He has to be fed to be effective
-All of his skills are visible before they are used
-Shut down in any decently experienced ranked game
-Generally a pretty weak late game
-Slow moving skill shot poke
-No health sustain
-Hybrid builds are inifective

and you're saying that AP Yi is an on par balanced champion?
Also Yi's only ap scaling damage skill does reset if he gets a kill with his ultimate active, it's not a skill shot but can still easily hit multiple tagets along with having has extremely high damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

deadlychuck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Honestly what they need to do is make an item that you can buy which can inturrupt a channled skill. I mean something like urgot, malzahar, or ww ult are powerful... but buy a QSS and they are made almost useless if used on you. Why not give a way to inturrupt all channeled skill? Even if it's like a 2minute CD.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cater0mcf

Member

02-01-2013

He is a hard thing to deal with in lane. His wave clearing ability is insanely strong right from the start and his meditate is ridiculously powerful. This two things make sure that the mid laner has really nothing to do against Yi. Shutting down Yi early is usually the responsibility of both the mid laner and jungler, since Yi is going to Alpha the wave it means it is going to be pushed up, so it is usually an easy gank.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IBastardI

Senior Member

02-01-2013

"omg a turret and 3 champs are attaking me... lets press W to completely stop 2000 damage and then R and run away......."

like really..... u really disagree on his W nerf????? REALLY?????


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

k518

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by I*******I View Post
"omg a turret and 3 champs are attaking me... lets press W to completely stop 2000 damage and then R and run away......."

like really..... u really disagree on his W nerf????? REALLY?????
Because Stuns, Knock up, Silence, Fear, Ignite and Grievous wounds don't exist


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IBastardI

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by k518 View Post
Because Stuns, Knock up, Silence, Fear, Ignite and Grievous wounds don't exist
Because Champs without any of these debuffs don't exist..... there are like 30 champions that canīt do anything about this... thats the problem. also his W makes mid game laning completely unfair.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akira Kid41

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMHSTerror View Post
People just don't know how to burst a combo more than once every 35 seconds.
Also, he doesn't need to be fed to be effective, build high AP, and the second any of the opposing champs are low, they are essentially taking around 6k total damage to their team in under 2seconds, not accounting for MR and if minions aren't around.
Does Kat not do pretty much the same thing?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zaurok

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfidiousAlbion View Post
If only there were some way to negate this ability... something that every team is already expected to have several sources of in order to be competitive....

Channeled abilities are supposed to be stronger than regular abilities. They have a huge weakness in that the take several seconds to get the benefit from them and effectively stun you for that period of time. Meditate, as it was, was effectively a 5 second self stun, of course the payout for pulling it off had to be huge, as otherwise there would be no reason to use the damned ability.

You know why Nunu's ult isn't the strongest ult in the game? You know why Fiddles Drain isn't the strongest basic ability in the game? It's the same reason Meditate wasn't OP, if you quickly interrupted it they'd get almost no benefit from the ability.
Stop your whining. Yi instantly gains 300 MR and armor the moment you start the channel. You don't need the broken 4.0 AP ratio on it to use it well. It will still be very strong with a 2.0 AP ratio considering they buffed the base.

4.0 AP ratio was broken. It gave him way too much sustain during lane phase.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aeziir

Member

02-01-2013

Let me go through your pros and cons list a bit more realistically:

Pros:
-Able to farm extremely well. - True
-Heal up full hp in seconds - True
-Does decent damage with Alpha strike - If by "decent" you mean decimating everything but tanks in one shot, then yes, decent would be the word to use here. However, I think the dictionary would beg to differ.


Cons:
-Extremely squishy and has low HP if you build him AP - True, but consider this in conjunction with his 300 MR/armor heal and the fact that he cannot be targeted during alpha strike, both of which abilities are refreshed if he kills an enemy.
-Easily shut down with almost any CC or ignite - Slows do not affect him during his ult, and any skillshot based CC is much more difficult to land during his ult due to his speed increase. Furthermore, CC's shut down everyone except Olaf during his ult, so this is almost a given for any champ and probably doesn't really belong in the discussion of any champ.
-Has only 2-3 useful abilities instead of 4 when playing AP - True
-He is generally only useful to clean up at end of fights - I assure you, that is not his only general use...But read the next point.
-He has to be fed to be effective - If you're correct about his proficiency in cleaning up after team fights, then he should be easily fed if the player realized his strengths. Which means he would then be useful in more than just cleaning up team fights since he's fed, getting him even more fed. Circular reasoning between these two points makes them into an actual PRO rather than a CON.
-Long cooldowns - Unless you kill someone with your ult. Then you can potentially alpha 3 times within 1-2 seconds; I've seen it done.
-Shut down in any decently experienced ranked game - Maybe
-Generally a pretty weak late game - I don't find this to be true, but I guess it depends on the team he's facing?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Victor Marte

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DH Pestilence View Post
Simple. AP Yi has a generally stronger laning phase than 90% of mids. He also can tank an entire team. These two combined shouldn't be possible. Period.
Your kidding? So your playing with a team with 0 ignites and 0 cc? Ouch.