I getting Mac next week. Does it work

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FreakinUnoriginl

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoVangolaa View Post
well here are my specs for the lap top.

Apple MacBook Pro, 15.4" Glossy widescreen display, 2.6GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 with Ivy Bridge, 8GB 1600MHz memory, 750GB Serial ATA Drive.

is that good?

Im new to macs. so please help =)
The thing you really want to confirm is your graphics processor (GPU), but luckily with Macs there are only a few models each year. The 15" with Ivy Bridge should have an Nvidia Geforce GT 650M (and Intel HD 4000 graphics when on battery power). The 650M is really awesome for a mobile GPU - it's been driving my 1920x1200 Cinema Display just fine in Diablo III and Sanctum, high settings. Since you've got a 750GB drive that's the early/mid 2012 MacBook Pro (before the Retina display), so you're using (at most) 1680x1050 resolution. LoL should be no problem while you're plugged in to a wall.

If you're on low battery or in power-saver mode then the Intel HD 4000 graphics might take over, in which case you would either need to lower the detail settings or find a power source. But it *should* still be compatible. (But probably low frame rates.)

ranger052

02-01-2013

Quote:

Apple MacBook Pro, 15.4" Glossy widescreen display, 2.6GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 with Ivy Bridge, 8GB 1600MHz memory, 750GB Serial ATA Drive.

is that good?

Hi there,

I am also new to mac, I bought mine a week ago here are the specs

15.4 Retina 2.3 CPU 8GB Ram 256 SSD and so far the game is working BEAUTIFUL with the retina screen I am happy so far with it

RuinsOfLemuria

02-01-2013

Hello, I'm using a 13"inch Macbook Air, with Intel Core of i5. And my version of my Macbook is a Mountain Lion. There are times where I am unable to reconnect to the game (3/5 times when I play). But if I am unable to reconnect, I just open my

Applications> iLoL 2.0 Open Beta (right-click) > show package contents > contents > resources > League of Legends (blue icon not folder, RIGHT-CLICK) > show package contents > Open Wineskin.

After I"m on Wineskin
I click on Advanced and then click on test run.

It always works after that.

Pie Kills

02-01-2013

I just use ilol now. It's more stable currently and looks better.

PrimoVangolaa

02-02-2013

I see awesome thank you. I should be getting it this Monday or tuesday. this my 1st mac and so far good reviews about it =D

Darrlek

02-03-2013

iLol is great and it is your only option :P

FreakinUnoriginl

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrlek View Post
iLol is great and it is your only option :P
If you've got the money for Parallels ($80) and a Windows license ($70?) then you can run Windows apps while still logged in to Mac OS X. That's how I've been playing League on my own 2012 MacBook Pro, and it does great at 1920x1200, everything High except shadows. 60 FPS stable. The fans kick in to high, but they don't set off my temperature alarms.

Of course, that's a steep investment unless you've got a lot of other Windows apps to run.

CasualTony

02-03-2013

He just said that he is getting a new macbook so its probably the new rMBP retina!

Quote:

is that good?

FreakinUnoriginl

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasualTony View Post
He just said that he is getting a new macbook so its probably the new rMBP retina!
The 750GB SATA drive would suggest otherwise; the rMBP has a custom-interface SSD and no option for a standard SATA drive. They also don't make a distinction between glossy and anti-glare for the rMBP because the new screen is built into the glass, so they just call it "Retina display" rather than "glossy display" or "hi-res anti-glare display". </showoff>

Elie123

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Is it just me or does ilol not work