@Riot, Is it that hard to have primary/secondary roll pre-selection?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Remgarr

02-01-2013

Would it really be that difficult to implement a "primary/secondary" position option for when you Queue for Ranked games? Say that the system tries to find you a match for each primary position, and if it can't in a reasonable timeframe (say 1-3 minutes) will add secondary positions to the mix. Top/Jungle/Mid/ADC/Support as two drop down menu's to pick before you hit "match me with teammates" could both save a lot of trolling, as well as give a easier method of Queue dodging; if you are picked for your secondary role at the rolecall before the start of the game, and don't feel up to the task, one could just click no and re-queue, and thereby save more time then what would be lost within a game bickering over position, and allowing the other's to maintain their spot as they refill the dodged one's position.

Thoughts?

Saruyan

02-01-2013

queue time for top/mid: ~ 20 minutes
for supports? ~ 5 seconds.

Remgarr

02-01-2013

Supports are Op. Esp thoes that want to play them.

VanceStubbs

02-01-2013

Support teemos everywhere

Zen Junior

02-01-2013

They don't want to cement the meta.

ByePas

02-01-2013

And what would keep me from queuing as a support and calling top anyway?

Burntfish44

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saruyan View Post
queue time for top/mid: ~ 20 minutes
for supports? ~ 5 seconds.
Aye, this is what would be the problem. If you've ever played WoW and used dungeon finder it's basically the same thing - insta queues for tanks and fast queues for healers, but insanely long queue times for DPS

I suppose they could do a full priority thing, like you choose what you'd prefer in order of all roles, but it would either be longer queue times or itd feel like you never get to play your best role

Remgarr

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByePas View Post
And what would keep me from queuing as a support and calling top anyway?
The better question is "why" would you do that, unless you were a troller anyway.

In which case, singles you out a lot easier with reports if you get in game.

Noobgrenade

02-01-2013

Cementing the current playstyle any further is a bad, bad plan.

Remgarr

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntfish44 View Post
Aye, this is what would be the problem. If you've ever played WoW and used dungeon finder it's basically the same thing - insta queues for tanks and fast queues for healers, but insanely long queue times for DPS

I suppose they could do a full priority thing, like you choose what you'd prefer in order of all roles, but it would either be longer queue times or itd feel like you never get to play your best role
I agree, there would be longer cue times, at least untill it brought the secondary positions into the mix after a few minutes in cue. Now, if everyone went Top/Mid or ADC/Jungle, without having support as a secondary... then they'd just be asking for the longer time overall. Better then being forced to pick a role your not good at, at Champ select.