I may be able to fix Yi, Permanently.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hollowtek

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute 42 View Post
"Free" in the sense that it would cost mana and then go on cooldown. Plus, champions have to be balanced around kits. Unlike Leona or Taric, Yi can't stun teams or confer benefits on allies aside from killing people. Apples and oranges.
it's too bad sarcasm doesn't translate well in forums...

SUPERSEYMOUR

02-05-2013

you want highlander on W? i think it would need some adjusting if it is gonna be his W

igJoon

02-05-2013

Quote:
you want highlander on W? i think it would need some adjusting if it is gonna be his W
Oh definitely change it up a bit. Also, it's just an idea I'm tossing around. I'm still more confident in the "Meditate" change.

zac122

Recruiter

02-05-2013

Interesting ideas. of course he could have a flat heal and no armor/mr buff at all. I'm sure this would annoy yi players including myself but it would allow riot to slightly reduce the cooldown giving him a better sustain overall. It would also make it easier to rush in against ranged champs that can easily put down any melee champ if they aren't careful. A flay heal would make it so you can rush in and stay attacking without having to worry taking to much damage. People may consider this OP but i think it may be what yi needs

igJoon

02-05-2013

Quote:
Interesting ideas. of course he could have a flat heal and no armor/mr buff at all. I'm sure this would annoy yi players including myself but it would allow riot to slightly reduce the cooldown giving him a better sustain overall. It would also make it easier to rush in against ranged champs that can easily put down any melee champ if they aren't careful. A flay heal would make it so you can rush in and stay attacking without having to worry taking to much damage. People may consider this OP but i think it may be what yi needs
yup, yi players would def b annoyed at the arm/mres being gone. That's why I added it and it fits Yi's style. I didn't want to destroy the history Yi has built up by completely remaking him

MrMightyGnome

02-06-2013

bump.

Alvan Yakatori

02-06-2013

I like this idea and i think i would start playing more ap yi if this happened.

LaceUp23

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by igJoon View Post
Hey, so we all know that Master Yi has it's moments, but as of lately, not much space in the Meta for him. Don't tell me I just don't know how to play Yi, because I do. I'm just pointing out some flaws, that everyone knows about, and contributing to a way to fix it. Yi lovers, such as myself, don't admit it, and Yi haters spray salt to the wound. As a Yi lover, I'm stepping out of that circle and actually looking at the problem. A way to not make him too "Over Powered" and a way to get him out of his "Under Powered" state. Or, just re-adjusting his spells a bit.

Now, one problem Yi has is that three of his abilities are duration based. Nothing wrong with that, and in fact, I like it. I also like that this makes a great debate for whether AP or AD Master Yi is better. I, personally, am an AD Master Yi fan. And until now, Riot has been trying at fixing Yi without killing one or the other, and danced around "Mediate" until now. I like the changes to it, but it's still not fixing the flaw.
Yi, after going in to fight with his "Wuju Style" and "Highlander" activated, and then NEEDING "Meditate" to live, will waste most of the duration of his other abilities. And it's not like his AD abilities scale off anything. If there is no duration left on his ability, he has no abilities.
So, what if the duration on the "Meditate's" heal was gone?
OH OH OH, don't jump the guns yet. I know one of the good things about "Meditate" is the armor and magic resist boost. There is a solution to that as well.
Seeing that Yi has so much duration based spells, I believe the best way to fix the flaw with "Meditate's" flaw is to make the HEAL to be an ON DEMAND type. Cool Down still ridiculously long, of course. What to do with the armor and magic resist boost?
Why don't we just make Meditate a duration based buff? (On cast, immediate heal + duration armor and magic resist boost buff)
Doesn't that fit Yi perfectly?
You'd now be able to make a get away, or enter a fight, without being obliterated in the process or sitting still while the predators wait.
Also, it's possible to add a portion of that boost as a passive to the ability, and the full amount to the activation as well. This way, there's a choice to make in between his "Meditate," and "Alpha Strike." And also, this doesn't kill the AP Yi, as he makes his get away with a heal and resistances.
Did I mention that this would help his clear? That this would help him gank more, like the Meta suggest?

What do you guys say? Would this power him up too much? Does this fix the initial problem with Yi?

Please make this post known. I think this is a good fix that needs to be done ASAP.

EDIT: OF COURSE THE STATS WILL BE CHANGED UP A BIT, IF NOT A LOT. I'm not expecting 300 bonus Armor and Magic Resist, and NOT expecting 800 HP heal. NOT AT ALL.
THERE IS A REASON PBE EXISTS.
I would suggest toning down the base health heal and increasing the AP ratio. PBE may have to fudge with the Armor and Magic Resist boost a bit

2/2/13: Recently, I've been thinking about rearranging Yi's abilities around. Just tossing the idea around for now.
For example,
"Alpha Strike" on Q,
"Highlander" on W,
"Wuju Style" on E, and
"Meditate" on the ultimate (R). This way (after making "Meditate" on cast) we can really bring out the hyper carry Yi is (if played well, can get penta kill with refreshing spells), and use the ultimate as getaway/initiate. I feel like this could get Yi on the OP side a bit, so I'm hesitant, but I'll throw the idea in there.
i find this kind of counter productive. he would b a tank with the heal and resist, and ad with his increased stats, and ap with his alpha strike....all at the same time...for 450 ip. ur theory makes sense for ap users, no1 else. the problem is yi with ap. i have no problem going against an ad yi. i can kill them and they can kill me, fair fight. AP yi is just ridic. his alpha stike does so much damage and his heal is just op out the wazoo. i went and bought him and went 7-1 my very first time playing with him, against opponents and not bots. i played the bots one time before playing real ppl. doesnt make sense to me that i can do 7-1 my second time ever playing a champ. he is way to op when build ap. its not an opinion lol its a fact. lol ur arguement makes as much sense as saying fiddles drain should b an instant cast of damage and not over time, and his ult shouldnt need channeled. come on now. yi himself is not op at all, just with the ap build. ap should just b eliminated from him, cuz there is no way ur going to make him fair to play against without completely nerfing him bcuz thats not fair either. make his alpha strike scale off of ad and his meditate not scale with ap either. i dont c a problem with this solution.

igJoon

02-07-2013

Quote:
i find this kind of counter productive. he would b a tank with the heal and resist, and ad with his increased stats, and ap with his alpha strike....all at the same time...for 450 ip. ur theory makes sense for ap users, no1 else. the problem is yi with ap. i have no problem going against an ad yi. i can kill them and they can kill me, fair fight. AP yi is just ridic. his alpha stike does so much damage and his heal is just op out the wazoo. i went and bought him and went 7-1 my very first time playing with him, against opponents and not bots. i played the bots one time before playing real ppl. doesnt make sense to me that i can do 7-1 my second time ever playing a champ. he is way to op when build ap. its not an opinion lol its a fact. lol ur arguement makes as much sense as saying fiddles drain should b an instant cast of damage and not over time, and his ult shouldnt need channeled. come on now. yi himself is not op at all, just with the ap build. ap should just b eliminated from him, cuz there is no way ur going to make him fair to play against without completely nerfing him bcuz thats not fair either. make his alpha strike scale off of ad and his meditate not scale with ap either. i dont c a problem with this solution.
Thanks for the feedback, but your english was all over the place, so it was a bit hard to understand. The changes I suggested wouldn't make him OP, just more fitting to the evolving meta, and here's why. The stats on the heal and armor/magic resist boost would be lower, which would make AD Yi less of a tank than you think. With AP Yi, it would actually reduce the heal amount greatly, but allow better escapes. If you consider that, AP Yi only has one AP ability. I think you should play LoL a bit more, then see if your opinions have changed.

agbudar

02-07-2013

i think its a good idea although i dont play Yi that often hes to underpowered to play as ad that being said many champ's could use a rework