I may be able to fix Yi, Permanently.

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

igJoon

02-01-2013

Quote:
It wouldn't really be meditating if you're running around killing everybody 0.o
and lol at the person saying AP had no counterplay.
With all the Skill shots and strong bruisers nowadays, forget being kited, Yi can't even approach them now. The only thing he was able to do to reach the carries was to take damage and run to them with "Highlander" and use Alpha strike. Hopefully, he has 2 or 3 seconds to kill a carry or two. That's assuming the carry doesn't CC you either.

Quote:
Yi doesn't need innate durability- the entire premise of the Melee ADC character class is that they don't have natural stat durability and scale well on raw damage.

Innate durability is for the more simple minded Fighers like Jax and Wukong.

As an AD Yi fan, I think the only thing he could legitimately recieve would be help against CC shut-down to do high amounts of damage in a short time, then likely die but take a carry or two with him.
You do bring up an interesting point, but those "innate durability" you speak about really comes from items on those champions. In no way does Yi scale off anything, so I'm just trying to improve one of his abilities. The one thing that would help Yi become more useful and strong, besides items, is levels. Basically, his abilities scale off levels like other champions, but the two major ones for his AD don't scale off any bonus stats. We all know that Yi gets too punished for csing, and lacks the dualing power if he has to sit there and use "Meditate" when a hard cc can pulverize you. This is why he doesn't fit in the jungle right now, but by making "Meditate" on cast, it'll make the jungle much easier for him, making it more viable for Yi. This would fit him right in the meta as a Jungler/Top.
I also want you to consider the "Raw" AD that he gets... From where? He basically gets it from his items, and it's not like other champions can't build that. His "Wuju Style" does give a lot of AD, but think Mundo or Sion's AD buff. Mundo gets 100, Sion gets 65, but his stays on with him.

Jeisu Kim

02-02-2013

Why is this buried far into the forums? This is GOLD. Bump, bump and bump more till it hurts

Cynical Rain

02-02-2013

I have a better solution - just delete him, along with Teemo.

Leaf of the lake

02-02-2013

Innate armor/mr on meditate? Make way for the new bruiser yi.

Not sure if want.

ThundaSt0rm

02-02-2013

Yi is a joke. Period. I personally think he should have his abilities scale with AD and maybe only meditate scale with AP, encouraging the AD build and actually giving him a role.

Denambren

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThundaSt0rm View Post
Yi is a joke. Period. I personally think he should have his abilities scale with AD and maybe only meditate scale with AP, encouraging the AD build and actually giving him a role.
I'm really sick of the AP love affair that seems to follow Yi around.

Let's get some physical damage on his alpha strike already, for the love of sanity and reason. At the very least, give him the "we can't commit" treatment and have it do magic damage but scale off of AD or AP. Just do ANYTHING with this champion that suggests he is being taken out of 2009 beta and at least brought up to 2010 or 2011 champion designs.

Drakexionyx

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denambren View Post

Let's get some physical damage on his alpha strike already, for the love of sanity and reason. At the very least, give him the "we can't commit" treatment and have it do magic damage but scale off of AD or AP. Just do ANYTHING with this champion that suggests he is being taken out of 2009 beta and at least brought up to 2010 or 2011 champion designs.
Agreed.

igJoon

02-02-2013

Quote:

Right now, I think asking for the on cast heal (self) is just what we should ask for. Changing up the "Alpha Strike" ability and making Master Yi fully AP or AD is a whole different problem in itself, even if it is. I actually don't really mind Riot making you, the player/summoner, make the decision of AP or AD just like how Ezreal, Tryndamere and many other champions work. I think, rather than trying to solve this huge problem in one go, we should try to chip away at it first. What do you guys think? Wouldn't "Alpha Strike" scaling off AD make him too strong?

Bus Driver

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

Wait are you saying Yi should be able to have 300 armor/mr while moving? waaaaat

igJoon

02-02-2013

Quote:
Wait are you saying Yi should be able to have 300 armor/mr while moving? waaaaat
I refuse to answer that.

123456 ... 7