Alright riot why remove HoG?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devi Freak Mint

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

You know it's a strange game when the only winning move is to not play.

ChaosBloodterfly

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Mage NA View Post
Well, to be honest that's a pretty poor analogy. Not only that, but the 3/3 is actually the BETTER option in that situation. It blocks better, doesn't require set up (time or cards to make another card good = wasted tempo), can't be chumped after 4 turns of no use, can race better in multiples, etc etc etc.
How does the 3/3 block better? If the 2/2 hasn't attacked, then it's a 4/4. Also, the first time you attack it's always a 4/4 (barring haste).

The 2/2 actually makes a highly OP blocker. If you never attack with it, it just becomes a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge blocker. And then you can use those huge stats for some sort of creature power dependent card. It'd probably be pretty good for control decks.

Although at this point, this has stopped being about LoL.

Raloosh

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Words
Honestly, I think a better analogy would have been, say:
A 3/3 creature that gets +1/+1 every time it attacks, and loses it if it does nothing. And then a 2/2 that gets +1/+1 every turn.
There aren't any creatures like this I believe though.
Anyway, the 3/3 creature arguably looks better, because it starts at 3/3, and gets +1/+1, just like the 2/2 creature!
But that's only when it attacks.
And when it attacks, it puts itself in danger.
But, the 2/2 creature, can just sit there without any fear and get stronger continually.
It'd be especially broken if it was one of those "I get a billion turns" decks.
But that's just me.

DieHero

02-01-2013

HoG, Would be too good in season three.
Health being the strongest stat, especially in early game.
HoG also gave gold over time.
Which promoted passive play.
Farm, Farm, Farm, Farm, BOOM hits like a truck.

Even though I'm sad by its removal. I understand why it was considered soooo strong.
Sightstone is pretty much of heart of gold, but instead of getting gold, you get wards that instantly refill when you back. The payoff is way more if you consider the cost of wards vs Gp5