Did Cho'Gath deserve the nerf to Feral Scream?

Yes 19 51.35%
No 11 29.73%
Indifferent 7 18.92%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

(Poll) Did Cho'Gath Deserve The Feral Scream Nerf?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RayDrazon

02-01-2013

The title says it. Did Cho'Gath deserve the nerf to his Feral Scream ability which reduces the length of his silence? Why or why not?

I'm asking because he is one of my favorite champions and I never saw any posts asking for this nerf. It just took me by surprise. Does it balance him or make him UP? Was he already balanced beforehand?

Please post and comment below. Thanks. (This thread is purely one for opinions.)

Lil122j

02-01-2013

I think he was already balanced and that this nerf was extremely retarded. (Along with the Shaco nerf)
Hopefully they will get something to compensate next patch.

Luninareph

02-01-2013

I think he needs a bit of a buff, and I'm hoping that nerfing the silence on the scream will allow them to add some power elsewhere in his kit. I do find the long AOE silence extremely irritating, and I would rather he get some more strength added elsewhere rather than continuing to mostly be notable for that one quality.

Arai Kitsune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Yes, he did. I say this as someone who does not play regularly, thus recent meta changes have no bearing on that. i used to play Cho'Gath ages ago, and even then I recall people agreeing then that his silence was too powerful. The only silence more potent than it was old Blitzcrank's ultimate, when it was a 3-5 second silence.

Cho'Gath has always been a bit heavy on damage and CC while being tanky, so this helps a bit.

Tang Bohu

02-01-2013

Cho'Gath is one of the most powerful and versatile champs in the game. Not only is he a viable top, jungle, AND support pick(weird right? xD), He generally will dominate if going mid. His sustain Makes him outlast "Sustain Mages", His tankyness lets him handle Burst/Assassins, and his silence is just icing on the cake, letting him basically sit there and dish out free damage.

EDIT: People don't realize some champs are obnoxiously more powerful than many others, but it's because everybody wants to play an assassin and GATTT MOARRR KILLZZZZ!!!!....

Dthehunter

02-01-2013

If it was a single target silence, no, but because it was AoE I don't think the nerf was uncalled for.

Chillin

02-01-2013

its .5 seconds less ...

Meta Kníght

02-01-2013

As they stated it was too good against other mids. If you know what you're doing with Cho you're still going to land it at the right times anyways. Maybe someone will get a flash off now or whatever but

APissedOffHobo

02-01-2013

I think it's somewhat deserved because before the nerf, it gave a 2 second silence with only one point into it. I honestly wish they could've kept the level 5 silence at 3 seconds, and just lowered the previous levels.

Still, as Chillin said, it's only a .5 decrease, so it'll still be scary to get hit with.

Basil Ali

02-01-2013

Please dont waste your time, the nerf was so insignificant it shouldn't be recognized at all..... Most of this **** is either QQ or useless threads.

Cho'gath is one of my favorite tops, this doesn't affect my gameplay one bit.