Nasus Now Top Dog (Patch notes 3.01)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fletche00

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Nasus and Sion get the best buff from this, this will allow them to leave their lane/jungle faster, doesnt mean they are more Viable, but this will help them farm faster, and hence hit harder, faster.

Veigar is already a beast Mid, so this will just let me induce butt hurt much faster.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kreshel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryLapse View Post
THe reason Nasus is left in the dust is because in order to be effective he needs to be top lane to get proper farm. Problem is, there is a metric ton of commonly played, powerful top laners that completely destroy him. He has a terrible meta right now.

Nasus was designed as one of the original beta heroes, wayyy before the current solo top lane meta had evolved. He cannot compete with the Garens or Darius's that exist in modern LoL.

He needs a rework because there is no place for him right now.
I think Nasus used to be strong because top was the place of autoattackers, and he ****ed them hard with wither. With recent release, abilities become the main source of damage top, so I vote that wither reduces AS as it does now and reduces ability damage from target. (Like an exhaust)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ILchange

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

02-01-2013

nanananananannana, nasus does not have any chance against darius, neither at early or late game, since nasus need a lot of farm with the Q, and darius can farm plus harras with the spin, the only way that you can beat darius with nasus is ganking and giving nasus the first kill or something, then nasus can compete... about garen... you can comepete at late game, nasus sucks at early game due to his low base hp!, even graves has more initial HP than nasus!, come on!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peligrad

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILchange View Post
even graves has more initial HP than nasus!, come on!
Both Graves and Nasus have 410 hp at level 1...and Nasus gets 90/level to Grave's 84.

So...no, you are just wrong...

Nasus' infinite scaling means he starts weaker...

But nothing carries harder than a farmed up Nasus either...

Nasus buff and trinity force buff in same patch...that's pretty solid for the Nasus players out there...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fletche00

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILchange View Post
nanananananannana, nasus does not have any chance against darius, neither at early or late game, since nasus need a lot of farm with the Q, and darius can farm plus harras with the spin, the only way that you can beat darius with nasus is ganking and giving nasus the first kill or something, then nasus can compete... about garen... you can comepete at late game, nasus sucks at early game due to his low base hp!, even graves has more initial HP than nasus!, come on!

If Darius keeps using his Spin, he is going to push the lane too much, and Nasus w/ a lvl 3 or 4 Q can easily farm it under the tower, so w/ Darius, if you dont lane freeze, you are going to allow Nasus to free farm under the turret, and cause him to be a monster late game.

Also, Darius has high damage abilities, but Nasus has great sustain w/ the lifesteal, so even if you do hurt poke at him, he can easily heal up under his tower, while still continuing to farm.

For the record, dont write off Nasus like he is super weak, bc his late game is super strong, and even poor Darius cant stand up to a farmed Nasus.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GlyphTsen

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletche00 View Post
Nasus and Sion get the best buff from this, this will allow them to leave their lane/jungle faster, doesnt mean they are more Viable, but this will help them farm faster, and hence hit harder, faster.

Veigar is already a beast Mid, so this will just let me induce butt hurt much faster.
The thing is, the only problem with Nasus is his relatively weak early game. So if he can build his Q to acceptable levels faster, wouldn't that do a lot to resolve it? Especially since it means he can use Spirit Fire more to farm safely if he needs to, since he wouldn't be missing out on Q farm as much. Would that not positively effect viability regardless of position?

Since the nerf to Atma's, I've found myself caring a fair bit less about Sion's infinite health scaling (so much so I forgot to make a joke about/mention him in the opening post),, but that's a fair point.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AWildRaticate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-01-2013

I played one as Nasus top today (AP bruiser, as I always do because it's vastly better than Triforce Nasus) and got completely shut down by a Kha'Zix early, going 0-5-1, but the combination of the new Seeker's Armguard and his improved Q farm got me back into the game. After losing my turret, Kha'Zix started roaming, which allowed me to really farm. By the half hour mark I was at about 360 farm and I hadn't gotten a single cannon minion while he was in lane because it was just too dangerous. I think that this change has definitely helped to get him back on track in a losing match, but I generally dominate lanes with Nasus and haven't had a chance to try him out in a more advantageous lane match yet (I normally mid with him).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Regulas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-01-2013

I'm wondering lately about Nasus, particularly with Jungle Nasus. With the change you now get 15 more dmg per jungle clear for 60 dmg total per clear, considering that you always Q everything (which you should as it's not that hard). Plus you can invade.

The argument that you need to be top to farm has one flaw: you have to actually be winning to be able to farm, currently there are to many match-ups against which you won't be able to farm at all, comparatively Jungle nasus strong dueling means his farm is harder to shut-down, and makes him better at invasion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hyfe

Senior Member

02-01-2013

I'm not so sure about invasion. Low mobility and lack of great early dmg makes me inclined to try to stay relatively safe when jungling with him. Yes, I'll admit I'm giving him a go-round in the jungle, but still skeptical.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fletche00

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlyphTsen View Post
The thing is, the only problem with Nasus is his relatively weak early game. So if he can build his Q to acceptable levels faster, wouldn't that do a lot to resolve it? Especially since it means he can use Spirit Fire more to farm safely if he needs to, since he wouldn't be missing out on Q farm as much. Would that not positively effect viability regardless of position?

Since the nerf to Atma's, I've found myself caring a fair bit less about Sion's infinite health scaling (so much so I forgot to make a joke about/mention him in the opening post),, but that's a fair point.
It is great for Nasus, dont get me wrong, just saying imo, Sion and Veig see the better end of this than Nasus does, due to Nasus being easy to Kite until he beefs up mid-late game.

I just played him top against a Rene, went 12/5/5.

Cloth 5 pots > Boots > Doran Shield > Ninja Tabi > Sheen > Ruby crystal > Iceborn > Warmogs > Spirit Visage > Randuins > BF (going to be IE)

Had hard beginning of lane, but at lvl 11 after I got iceborn Gauntlet, Rene could no longer 1v1 me, I ended w/ 678 on my Q w/ 254 CS. 45minute game.

I was quite impressed w/ how much extra Q I got, I made sure after my tower was gone, to push top and go back and get both Golems every time they popped, this really helped w/ the Q damage.