League Seeding For Ranked Teams

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

devioustrickster

02-02-2013

honestly i agree with kurf this system is stupid

Plus 197

02-03-2013

the new system is sooooo assss

DotaVeteran

02-03-2013

Now the solo ques have way to much tension on it. You start at 0 points and if you lose the first 3 game due to back luck from a bad team you get set back a whole division and getting back up to the division you were just in takes about 10+ wins in a row and that is almost impossible.

Algaros

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrocker View Post
Your ranking in the ladder is not equal to your Elo, now changed to matchmaking rating (which is hidden btw). You can be at the bottom of your tier and playing with ppl much lower if your performance is bad. However, that is unlikely cuz to get to the next tier you must prove you can constantly match and win against opponents of that skill lvl.

PS: Search for the details on the new system on you tube or the S3 patch preview link.
The system is still not close at getting to where it needs be in terms of matchmaking, skill etc. Bronze and Silver especially you still get the most trolls and just bad skilled people. ALl you need is one bad player and you lose. That player refuses to communicate or Teamfight and its suddenly 4v5. Anyways the system is a grind now, you need to win a minimum of 7 games in a ROW to move a division, this is just rediculous, considering if you're in silver in bronze. This is made for hardcore gamers now plain and simple. Grind Grind Grind. This is not fair to the casual players at all and its not as simple as saying, "well if you're good then you move up, if you're bad then you don't. We all know this isn't the case many times. The number of games NEEDS to be DECREASED and eliminate the 2/3 for moving from TIER TO TIER NOT EVERY DIVISION THIS IS INSANE.

Pibley

02-03-2013

I completely agree with algaros. You start at the bottom, and it is just luck of the draw whether you get decent players on your team or not. Most people in the lower tiers aren't very skilled, and unless you are a diamond or platinum worthy player, it is nearly impossible to carry them. I started in Bronze tier division 3....this is almost the worst placement that you could possibly be. I've been playing this game for 2 years....and have gone positive AND carried almost every ranked game only to lose 60% of the games because of unskilled players or trolls. This is such a terrible reflection of skill. On paper, it seems ok. You win games, you move up. You lose games, you move down. And it SHOULD be a reflection of your skill. But this system doesn't work; it's completely broken. It needs to be fixed or ranked, as crazy as it sounds, will only be played by trolls and pros.

CaptenAmazing

02-03-2013

HI Yegg

I'm seeing a lot of people saying the new system is deducting more for losses than it's giving for wins. Be this true??

Capten (who one day will be a Captain) Amazing

Edit: Since this went live my games have all been horribly one-sided, and always alternating for me then against me then for me then against me. Only exception was 2-in-a-row i just won now but their ADC was AFK...

bombstrapped

02-04-2013

dedicated streamer constantly responding to his viewers and does giveaways like the one taking place tonight possible if he has enough people for 10$ rp card come chill with all of us at http://www.twitch.tv/drizzall trust me who doesnt want free rp

Kickbuttix

02-04-2013

Yeah i agree. This new system is bad. Too many trolls and no way to get rid of them. I liked when as i progressed better i got to play with better people....eventually most the trolls get weeded out. I'm done playing ranked till changes are made.

Speckledj1m

02-04-2013

just a suggestion, it was mentioned several times in this thread how this new system is a grind, and a lot of people have observed the similiarities to the starcraft 2 match making system, it seems to me that an easy fix system would be to implement a bonus pool system just like in starcraft 2 that builds up over time and will grant you additional ladder points if you win while you have points collected in your bonus pool.
tl;dr you get more points per win if you don't play as often but overall the same as everyone else.

Kickbuttix

02-04-2013

there should be a way to ignore users before the game and report before games as well. and possibly give team captains the ability to boot trolls