League Seeding For Ranked Teams

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boats

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Gg

Sizmic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

What does teh G in my profile mean?

Inferno Ace

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by And it was K View Post
Hey, Yegg, while you're here: Elo boosting. Are you guys going to do anything about it now that someone can just get boosted up to a tier and never drop down?

Well this wont really affect you like it would in the ond system because once that guy plays by himself he will obviously lose a lot unless he belongs there so his MMR will make him vs ppl in the tier below and then whenever he beats them he will gain very little lp since his mmr is so low so then it will be bad for him cuz he will take forever and probabaly lose the division series.

Tl;dr dont worry the guy getting boosted wont be in a game with u

mightofpeen

02-02-2013

why is that? If we get trolled for out promotion games why do we get punished for dodging queue?

xStrangler

02-02-2013

I like this process but my first game that I played to "seed" me into my rank had a player AFK and we lost because of that. Even the enemy team said "If Draven wouldn't have been AFK you guys would have won."
What does Riot plan to do about these rare but critically important moments?

Cyraknoss

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Summoners, with the new patch in place, please be aware that any team that was previously ranked in the preseason needs to play one more game to be seeded into a league. Your team standing will be based on your preseason rating as well as the results of this first game. After you have been seeded, you will be able to see all of the relevant medals and statistics pertaining to your ranked teams on your profile.

• How meaningful is the first game?
    • The first game has the same weight as any game played during the preseason.
  • Does this affect solo queue?
    • No, everyone will be automatically pre-seeded into a solo queue league when the servers are back online.
  • Does this affect both 5v5 and 3v3 queues?
    • Yes, the first game in each queue where the team was already ranked will seed it into a league for that queue.
  • Will I lose any of my team’s stats from the preseason?
    • No, all of your stats from the preseason will carry over.
  • What if I add a new member to my team before the first game after the patch? Will my team still get stats?
    • Yes.
You SURE that first game didn't have much weight? Cause my friends and I ran a 5v5 game and lost and got put in bronze 5, then off 2 wins and a single loss we're positive 75 LP which by your own statements elsewhere means we're supposed to be WAY above where we are. So how in the world did we get placed in Bronze 5 if our MMR says we're supposed to be nowhere near there?

EDIT: Not saying I thought we should be higher, or that we're mad or anything it's a team we goof off on. Just wanted to point out that the system seems like it must be a bit broken atm if we're placed at the lowest possible place but our MMR is telling the system that we're way too low for our MMR. Clearly if that's true then SOMETHING must be wrong with the system even if it's just the numbers tuned slightly off.

LandSun

02-02-2013

Landsun or Landosson
Pitch Idea

Tier to Tier Season 3 Extravaganza

For this only moment of the season, will be the chance to achieve greater glory and fame. By winning 5 of your next 7 games to be placed in the next tier. Repeating until Diamond. Say, If you were to be silver and go 15 and 6. You will be placed in Diamond. Of course the difficulty of game will increase when you reach your 5th win opportunity. To reach challenger, the stakes go up and you must win 10 of your next 13 games. And you will be Challenger. Fail to Win your requirement at any point will solidify your current rank standing. The final 3 games of your win potential' will also have a larger team of advantaged opposition. Wishing the best of play to you!

This is a one time only offer and no new 30s and players not logged in by set date will be ineligible.

This extravaganza will help acknowledge the dominant players of the league and will also help fill the challenger rank a bit faster. This to will help summoner's who like following the Rank Board. They will find their liege sooner accessible.

Did I mention again this is a 1 time of this year event?

Why?

Because the next 21 games of your life can crown you diamond. And the next 10 wins of 13 can make a
Challenger of you.

OK, but Why 13?

You get 3 strikes.
[

Dem Squats

02-02-2013

Yegg/Yagg or whatever the heck your name is... you should be embarrassed for this abortion of a system.

Why do you guys feel the need to **** up a system that was already working just fine? I mean, are you feeling pressure from new games coming out with a much more talented design team or something?

JamesThuy

02-02-2013

Yegg is Beautiful

OneInchWonder1

02-02-2013

Non of my ranked 3 friends can start the ranked 3 team que its stays shaded... wtf