Kitae's Bloodrazor: Better Now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rawth XI

01-31-2013

So with all the armor/mr changes encouraging far more health stacking, is anyone finding KBR more useful now than it use to be in Dominion? What do you think about its cost/benefit in the current Dom meta?

P.S. Who is Kitae anyway?

Malah

01-31-2013

Kitae works with lore, and the item is still only good on people who like both AS and have a reason to build magic penetration, which consists solely of AP/Hybrid Kayle. Torch is better for people who deal magic damage and because auto-attackers don't have MPen the health damage gets cut down by a lot. We might not be stacking defense as much but it's still really easy to get to 50% mitigation if someone doesn't have any penetration.

BeefJerkyHunter

01-31-2013

I still think that Wit's End would be the better choice if you wanted magic damage on hit with attack speed. I have yet to properly use Malady.

HaIfhearted

01-31-2013

Nope, Kitaes Razor is still a trap.

Orphane

01-31-2013

Kitae is part of the lore department.

in b4 lol what lore

Foxxle

02-01-2013

lol what lore

Kitae is there to identify the trolls on your team.

Redeemed In Fire

02-01-2013

I'd rather have Malady for damage since it's a bunch cheaper and gives AP + magic shred.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Kitai was only good for Attack Speed/OnHit builds. But guess what?

In S3, AD is now cheaper and better itemized. AS is more expensive and over time options were nerfed to death (wits end), removed/reworked (sword of divine, malady, nashers, and ionic zapper or whatever).

So onhit really truly sucks now even for someone like KogMaw and even for Kayle.

Heck Kayle can get BFT and trigger it on every Q nuke, plus every Autoattack for 100dmg vs a 3k foe. Plus its other stats that are a lot better than what is on Kitais.

Albert Dakkar

02-01-2013

No.

Malah

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
Kitai was only good for Attack Speed/OnHit builds. But guess what?

In S3, AD is now cheaper and better itemized. AS is more expensive and over time options were nerfed to death (wits end), removed/reworked (sword of divine, malady, nashers, and ionic zapper or whatever).

So onhit really truly sucks now even for someone like KogMaw and even for Kayle.

Heck Kayle can get BFT and trigger it on every Q nuke, plus every Autoattack for 100dmg vs a 3k foe. Plus its other stats that are a lot better than what is on Kitais.
And then BFT's stacks run out in about three seconds in a team fight.

Kayle's got the kit to fit in the MP and AS to make Kitae's work and I'm actually going to start using it when I'm seeing 4000 HP champions every game with one MR item only out of habit. Kitae's isn't bad, it just requires itemization to support it that almost nobody has. The closest two I can see it working on after Kayle are Teemo and Jax, but at that point it's already an extreme niche item for HP stacking.