Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@ Riot: What ever happened to the mastery tree revamp project?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SonicTheHedgedawg

10-23-2010

If you changed your mind about doing it, that's cool, but last I heard from you guys, it wasn't a question of if, but when. And that was about half a year ago.

Did you guys run into trouble balancing it?

Did it make masteries too effective and, therefore, create too much of a rift beween sumoner levels?

Was it not going to be finalized until we had some way to save and bank preset mastery trees?

Was it decided that the current masteries were absolutely fine and there was no reason to change them at all?

Did you decide to wait until you got promote back into the game, took flash out and were sure you weren't going to add any more summoner spells first?

Do you just have more important things to do? (like allowing us to customize our recomended items? (hopefully))

Are all of my reasons completely off base?

Any response would be awesome riot! ^_^

Churles

10-23-2010

I'd really like to see the "new" (actually about a year old now arent they?) talent trees implemented.

IckyBonez

10-23-2010

Agreed

IEatU

10-23-2010

yeahhh i really wanted the revive!
(for those who dont know: you could have used revive while alive to active a zilean ult affect for a few seconds with it. i was gonna be godlike with zilean, ga, and revive

Shin101

10-23-2010

Yea I was hoping for a rework to the mastery tree because right now, frankly, there's not that many good masteries, most of them being in utility.

Gojira Scorn

10-23-2010

New masteries don't bring in revenue.

Sorry guys, the world is not fair sometimes.

Holy Malevolence

10-23-2010

Quote:
Gojira Scorn:

They don't directly bring in revenue.
However, a better game brings in more profit. And what if some giant interwebz news article was published on the change?

SonicTheHedgedawg

10-23-2010

Quote:
Gojira Scorn:

Riot needs money to pay for expenses and salaries, but it's silly to imagine that money is all that they care about. They obviously care most about making a game that they can be proud of.

Spiderfist

10-23-2010

Neither does updating the graphics engine, directly, but they're doing that.

Unless it turns out in half a year we haven't heard the slightest bit more info about it...

SonicTheHedgedawg

10-24-2010

Quote:
Lux Ferre 1212:
Neither does updating the graphics engine, directly, but they're doing that.

Unless it turns out in half a year we haven't heard the slightest bit more info about it...

I suppose the case is WORSE for the "stats visable on warmog's, RoA, etc" but still it's be nice if Riot told us what they were working on and what is on the backburner and what was abandoned