Spirit of the Spectral Wraith

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FreeGothitelle

02-01-2013

The price of SotSW is being dropped by 400 which is a pretty huge change for it (16.7% drop) giving it a price of 2000.

I'm wondering if anyone thinks it could be viable as a sustain laning item for mages now in season 3. Giving 50 AP, 10% cooldown reduction, 20% spell vamp and 10mp5, which seems pretty good for only 2000 gold.
The mp5 and spell vamp mainly is a combo not found in any other tiem, and 10mp5 is pretty huge in itself.
I feel like it could work in a similar way to how tops will sometimes buy a lanturn for life steal and armour, mids could by spectral wraith for spell vamp and mp5 (as well as increasing wraith and wolf clear time for extra farm).

The build path is really fluid for it as well which is nice (revolver, then another 800 gold for the full item).

AuMG Vanir

02-01-2013

Only problem I guess would be you would have to farm early with the mostly useless spiritstone
(good sustain though)
because of no early stats besides mr/5 hp/5 + DMG TO MOSTERS (pretty useless)
Which could be interesting on like morgana or ahri
or idk

the stats are broke though on the full item
sustain casters could pull it off
for a pretty strong item

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

it always was no one really noticed it but being the cheapest t3 spell vamp item in the game as well as giving cdr made it pretty nice for mages.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanír View Post
Only problem I guess would be you would have to farm early with the mostly useless spiritstone
(good sustain though)
because of no early stats besides mr/5 hp/5 + DMG TO MOSTERS (pretty useless)
Which could be interesting on like morgana or ahri
or idk

the stats are broke though on the full item
sustain casters could pull it off
for a pretty strong item
u don't get the spirit stone u get hextech and just upgrade it it straight to a spirit of the wraith there's no point buying the spirit stone component then trying to lane with it's a waste of gold.

MajorSwain

02-01-2013

This is a great move for Mordekaiser.

I predict mid Lane Mordekaisers will build this item because its cheaper, trading 40 AP for 10 CDR and it builds out of a rejuv bead.

IonDragonX

02-01-2013

Why not a support champ?

Very good price to stat ratio
AP
CDR
Mana regen

Sounds good on Soraka/Sona/Janna support type

Acanthus

02-01-2013

Supports will want the WoTA now, as it builds out of Kage's, which helps them, and the aura helps the team more.

Xela Syab

02-02-2013

Riot wants to see more mage junglers, still just gonna end up with amumu and lee sin every game

Abbx

02-04-2013

It's not as good as it looks.

Fiendish Codex: 30 AP, 10% CDR, 820g.

Why wouldn't I want to just get that and Hextech Revolver? 20 more AP, 8% less SV, and 20 more gold but they both build into core items for the champions that buy them.

I mean, at best, maybe we'll start seeing a new meta of Akali or Katarina junglers who get it lol.

HeWhoSpectates

02-05-2013

It's the most efficient spell vamp item right now, even without the jungler passives.

I can imagine to start with Rejuvenation Beed + pots on some laners and build Revolver->WotSW. It should be good on Mordekaiser, R-thus and Katarina.