Shaco Nerf Makes 0 Sense..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViSuoLize

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabunn View Post
well it seems you pulled absolutely nothing from the video.... sigh
Totally, cause i haven't made that perfectly clear.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-31-2013
1 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViSuoLize View Post
What's load. Shaco is hardly ever used except for lower elo's where people take advantage of the noobs who don't know where to place wards or how important it is to purchase them.

Lets assume Shaco gets a few kills early game. Explain how useful a Shaco is mid-late game. Cause from my experience Shaco's are hella squishy and basically get insta killed as long as someone has CC. How many games have you played where there isn't at least 1 person with some sort of CC?

If you seriously believe Shaco is op then its obvious that you have not played shaco enough to know that the nerfs are ridiculous.
Except his problem cases are in 2000+ elo.

This reaction is expected, because the common opinion of this is that Shaco sucks, when he factually is really strong. When the argument is "he's really bad, why nerf" I can't discuss that because your argument is based on something that's just not correct here.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gorsz

Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViSuoLize View Post
Thats funny cause i was thinking the exact same thing about you. Guess we wont be friends =[

You're mentally retarded and most people who post seem to agree, go read how many posters have called you stupid its really funny.

So im not going to waste my time anymore.

Peace

Haha.... even Morello posts that you're not correct.. too funny.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

slamor

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Except his problem cases are in 2000+ elo.

This reaction is expected, because the common opinion of this is that Shaco sucks, when he factually is really strong. When the argument is "he's really bad, why nerf" I can't discuss that because your argument is based on something that's just not correct here.
Can I ask why he was a problem in such high elo? How does shaco walk past all those wards?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RisottoNero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Except his problem cases are in 2000+ elo.

This reaction is expected, because the common opinion of this is that Shaco sucks, when he factually is really strong. When the argument is "he's really bad, why nerf" I can't discuss that because your argument is based on something that's just not correct here.
When are you going to man up and tell your team to remake Shaco and other problem heroes?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerglinator

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Except his problem cases are in 2000+ elo.

This reaction is expected, because the common opinion of this is that Shaco sucks, when he factually is really strong. When the argument is "he's really bad, why nerf" I can't discuss that because your argument is based on something that's just not correct here.
They'll assume you're factually wrong. Because this community is deceived by Shaco.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cottonycloud

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViSuoLize View Post
What's the reason they're nerfing him? Cause according to the video they said it was cause his boxes were tanking the jungle too well. This is where i'm confused. You nerf his deceive and his dagger passive slow % cause his boxes are doing to well at tanking jungle? And since when did Shaco need a nerf? He's easily shut down after the first 5 mins of the game and even when he does pull off few kills he's still easy to kill mid-late game.

I just don't get it... Riot is trolling.
If you nerf the boxes, you could either make the boxes do reduced damage to monsters (which would suck because he's going to get owned by the jungle after a few minutes, and well its damage isn't the main problem),

You can say that tourney level is not for everyone, but it shows the balance between champions played at the highest possible level, which will trickle to lower levels. Games are often decided by early-mid game, which Shaco excels at a bit too much. Frozen Mallet, stealth, blink, fear, vision...his kit is very strong.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Sotere

Game Analyst

01-31-2013

A lot of people disregard Shaco because of a perceived weakness lategame. First, he's not terrible in teamfights. He actually is one of the better dive buddies coming out of the jungle. Second, he opens up other options such as splitpushing and delaying games through unfavorable portions.

Last, and possibly most importantly, he has great objective control. It's pretty easy to secure dragon/baron with him and incredibly dangerous to take any objectives while he is still alive.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheBronzeLegend

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamor View Post
Can I ask why he was a problem in such high elo? How does shaco walk past all those wards?
Shaco is not as easy as deceive in and gank. In higher elo, junglers are superb at ganking and this is what Shaco excels at: snowballing the game and making game changing ganks. At lower ELO, it is not as evident, but Shaco is probably the strongest Solo Queue champion right now because of the impact he makes in a game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rasmorak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Except his problem cases are in 2000+ elo.

This reaction is expected, because the common opinion of this is that Shaco sucks, when he factually is really strong. When the argument is "he's really bad, why nerf" I can't discuss that because your argument is based on something that's just not correct here.
his problem cases in 2k+ are because people up there play the same 195 people over and over and over and over and there are some great Shacos at that level, with people who understand how to take advantage of him whether they play as him or not.

You pretty much crushed a champion into the ground because he won 55% of the time, out of the 10-11% of games he's picked, by the >1% of people who play him consistently.

Not only that Morello, but your champ video I felt had faulty information. Shaco isn't strong in the jungle at all. He's strong at the first buff. Everything after that until he gets Madred's Razor takes years. My biggest concern is that very few people know Shaco that well, and I would argue that I don't even think Riot has begun to scratch the surface of Shaco's power. He's kind of a champion that you need input from people who have thousands of games with him. I won't deny that counterplaying against Shaco is extremely difficult (not impossible like the patch preview hinted at) and that he should be toned down early game. But the fact that you stomp on his legs and give him nothing to compensate is pretty bs. Two-Shiv doesn't even do physical damage. It's a worthless nuke late game, and the "buff" you gave him last time making it scale of bonus AD while toning down the early game strength of the ability only did the latter.