Shaco Nerf Makes 0 Sense..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mapache EX

Senior Member

02-06-2013

The first fix you had to make to Shaco before you started nerfing him was giving him a small cast time on his Q, That way it'd work like fiddlesticks ganks.

The most annoying part of shaco is not when he comes to gank, it's his instacloackblink way to escape.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

windwhispers

Senior Member

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
His late-game is not that bad - that's a weird misconception. He plays a lot like other clean-ups that can split push in a team role (IE Nidalee). He's an odd pick, and I like that, but he's very valuable early and late.
Isn't it pretty fair to say that he's ONLY useful late when he has success early? He requires a strong opening, and then even when he snowballs he's still relatively easy to contain later in the game. On the other hand, if his early ganks don't succeed he will be a dead weight for his team to carry around in most cases.

I can understand that he probably stomps bad players too easily because they don't ward, but I just can't buy into the idea that he is a high-elo problem until I see him actually used (you know, like a single time) in one of your big fancy tournaments.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

windwhispers

Senior Member

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapache EX View Post
The first fix you had to make to Shaco before you started nerfing him was giving him a small cast time on his Q, That way it'd work like fiddlesticks ganks.

The most annoying part of shaco is not when he comes to gank, it's his instacloackblink way to escape.
A lot of champions that are also nigh-impossible to kill tanks have escape mechanics that generally guarantee they will get away. I think it's fair for Shaco to have deceive because he is incapable of winning any "fair" (in numbers and positioning) confrontation. For example, if both he and the opposing jungle go to gank at the same time, Shaco will almost always lose. Given that his only options are run or die, it seems reasonable for deceive to be so good. Furthermore, the cooldown is harsh enough that if he used it to go in...chances are he won't be getting out.

Of course, I'm not denying the power of his ganks. Just saying his disadvantages weigh in equally.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheCøøkieMonster

Senior Member

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Except his problem cases are in 2000+ elo.

This reaction is expected, because the common opinion of this is that Shaco sucks, when he factually is really strong. When the argument is "he's really bad, why nerf" I can't discuss that because your argument is based on something that's just not correct here.
2000 + elo is 5% of the population.... so you ruin the game for the rest of the 95% for your promotial 5%

Bad business ... its like you wont admit there is elo hell, when it clearly exists full of trolls , afkers and feeders


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hes op

Senior Member

02-06-2013

he's anti-fun and toxic so I'm not surprised. People who play Shaco are giant dickheads


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EternalMyst

Junior Member

02-06-2013

I was thinking about buying Shaco jungle but after his nerfs is he still worth it?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

type1Rush

Senior Member

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalMyst View Post
I was thinking about buying Shaco jungle but after his nerfs is he still worth it?
I will always say yes, but that is because Shaco is my favorite champ, by and far..

He is still playable.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sasori of Krieg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by windwhispers View Post
but I just can't buy into the idea that he is a high-elo problem until I see him actually used (you know, like a single time) in one of your big fancy tournaments.
Exactly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sasori of Krieg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hes op View Post
he's anti-fun and toxic so I'm not surprised. People who play Shaco are giant dickheads
Go play teemo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sasori of Krieg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-08-2013

bump