Shaco Nerf Makes 0 Sense..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Owl Be Back

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
You know, if you replaced the word "Shaco" with "Lee Sin" in that post, it would work too.

To do well with Shaco, you probably need to be quite skilled with him.

At which point, why shouldn't you be doing extremely well?
im sorry, are you disagreeing with or agreeing with me.

Lee sin also needed a nerf, but I do think they shouldnt have removed the armor from his W.

ViSuoLize

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorsz View Post
Lets count.

Me +2 other dudes = 3 downvotes.

Almost all of your posts have a lot more than that.

You really cannot be this stupid man..

They are upvoting your original post because most of the time nerfs are unfavorable to the majority you simpleton.

Thats like saying in your initial post "we should get free money!!" and people upvote you.
How much is "a lot more than that" lol? Quite dramatic if you ask me.

Pika Fox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDraco4011 View Post
What about pink wards? Buy these every time you go to lane and you have an instant heads up on shaco making him pretty impossible to gank with. Even watching high elo streams people tend not to buy pink wards even though they effectively remove shaco from the game.
Tbh... Shaco can get around a lot of wards without being spotted by any of them unless you place them closer to your lane in the bushes, which will net you less reaction time anyways.

Gorsz

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhadeonyc View Post
And what make u so sure that strategy will always works? thats the problem with this champ this people is take decisitions based on a 100% accuracy perspective and it is not! yeah dive the carry build a GA oh wait forgot ur not khazin and u dont hav THAT BURST u need to do it so before u can even take the carry down ur GA is already poppin most of the cases so what u got? if Decieve is still on CD ur a dead shaco, if not u can decieve out, look for some jungle creeps and try to get some health with life steal and come back 20 secs before to see if u can still do something, JITB is worthless for anykind of fight situation only works for jungling, and as scape mechanism since at mid late game, the miniam AoE or HP boost from any item will make it also his dmg useless.

ok u know what say w/e morello and people i just quit playing Shaco until i see some kind of buff or something to his kit

No strategy "always" works 100%.

Shaco does nasty damage to squishies late game and he has an instant blink with stealth to close the gap.

Build GA and dive the ADC with your team. It will work a good amount of the time (unless you're really behind) I promise.

Bergtau

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
You're over-valuing the stealth here to an extent, because a 500-range instant teleport with that cooldown, alone, is one of the most powerful abilities in League. Add stealth, and well...
Yeah, Pink Wards are actually far less effective vs. Shaco than Evelynn or even somebody who doesn't have a stealth simply because one of Shaco's key strengths is being able to attack from odd angles. Like, they warded their tribush and river with pinks? Who cares when you're coming from their golems?

A Planeswalker

01-31-2013

Remember back in the day, when two shiv blinded champions too.
His boxes could be placed in stealth, deceive had cray scaling, and Clone stacked items?

Yea.......those were the days.

"Stares off in nostalgia"

Super Explosion

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboardowl View Post
im sorry, are you disagreeing with or agreeing with me.

Lee sin also needed a nerf, but I do think they shouldnt have removed the armor from his W.
You know, if you replaced the word "Shaco" with "Udyr", it would probably work too.

To do well with Udyr, you probably need to be quite skilled with him.

WhackedRak

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
His clears aren't that far-off - they're not the fastest, but when you're a great ganker, should they be?

To make more than 1-2 junglers viable, we'd have to be sure that the best gankers aren't the same champions as fastest clearers.

Shaco has the fastest clear to getting doublebuff at lvl 3, by 20 seconds. His entire clear to lvl 4 is actually slower though.

datPanda

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
Makes sense. And the part about pros playing it safe, does this mean Shaco is considered a high risk-high reward champion? (perhaps medium-to-low reward now).
I'm not quite sure, but he was playing Shaco that game and totally annihilated the opponents, so I'm pretty sure at high skills Shaco is just true terror.

Most e-sports teams like to go with safer picks or champions that they practice a whole lot, and they generally go for certain comps. I notice that the jungler in professional games does a lot more support type things and usually has to be a peel for his ADC - which makes sense as there seems to be a whole lot more farming and less aggression in those games, meaning the ADC is the most dangerous guy on the team.

Owl Be Back

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
You know, if you replaced the word "Shaco" with "Udyr", it would probably work too.

To do well with Udyr, you probably need to be quite skilled with him.

you arent making my point any less valid.

A skill being over powered has nothing to do with my skill controlling a champion