Shaco Nerf Makes 0 Sense..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

epaR sbooN

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViSuoLize View Post
Why do you keep saying "people disagree with you" like thats helping your case lol. At least 39 people disagree with you...
atleast 39 blinded shaco fanboys ... yes some champ mains like you dont give a **** about the balance of their own main and just pretend to disagree in the sake of their free elo obnoxious champion

Owl Be Back

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Morello

I am a shaco main with over 400 games on him. I abused him and other junglers to get past 2.1k elo season 2 and maintain a high win rate on him in season 3. The majority of my losses are from my own mistakes early on which crippled me and 4v5s.

You were 100% spot on in nerfing his Q range. It is pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to ward against a shaco who knows what he is doing. I know how to bypass so many wards on bot lane for example, you have to have 5 to cover every single angle and you need to have them up constantly.

His late game is strong, the only thing is he has a strong late when he has a strong early.

This nerf was totally needed, I was worried they would mess with his jacks or shiv or something but this is much better and a necessary nerf.

This may not mean much to you, but I am a guy who has invested nearly 100 hours into shaco alone, and I agree with you 100%.

AwesomeChad

01-31-2013

morello didnt answer my question about the new ranked system. no love

Rasmorak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone Away View Post
You're overestimating his gank potential for his horrible late game. Yes late game Shaco is pretty useless, he can split push but that's about it. He hardly can contribute to a teamfight late game. Not to mention he isn't picked competitively at all.

If his early game ganks are too powerful make it so deceive scales with level. Other then that take some of his early game power and add it into his late game so he doesn't die in 2 shots.
Agree'd. Like I said earlier, I am pretty sure that not even Riot understands Shaco. Very, very few people do.

LethalPeace

01-31-2013

But why balance the game around Flash?
It is not taking the game in a positive direction IMHO

datPanda

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
This may have been mentioned already but if Shaco is so good he requires nerfs then why isn't he seen more in competitive play? I also rarely see him banned in ranked anymore even at my low elo where he should supposedly reign supreme taking advantage of all those slow reaction times and all. I have never seen Shaco in any tournament since I started playing (not saying he hasn't been used just never seen it).
I don't know why they disregard Shaco in general, but I think Saintvicious once mentioned on his stream that Shaco was boring to play, too reliant on ganks, and doesn't fit most of his teams well.

Generally most of the pros prefer playing safe already and that probably isn't good for Shaco.

ViSuoLize

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorsz View Post
Lol.. do not confuse your initial upvotes with people agreeing with you.

Nobody likes the champions they play nerfed so they will upvote you.

If you noticed almost every single post you have made other than the initial OP post has been downvoted to hell.
You and the 2 other dudes who ive been arguing with are the only ones downvoting hahaha. Me on the other hand don't care enough to downvote you. This entire argument is cause of my initial post lol what are you talking about? If they aren't supporting my argument then what are they upvoting me for? Yawn~ you so silly bro.

Wards win games

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
You're over-valuing the stealth here to an extent, because a 500-range instant teleport with that cooldown, alone, is one of the most powerful abilities in League. Add stealth, and well...
THIS SO MUCH THIS

The best of shaco's don't deceive to get into the fight, you should be able to path your ganks properly without requiring a stealth initiation.

His MS and scaling is on par with other jungles, and he had/has an instant 500 yard range gap closer. What champion can bridge that gap as quickly on an 11 second timer?

Kassadin. Thats it. No one else. There are similarities to many champions, but nothing is as swift or fast-paced as a shaco deceive.

Pika Fox

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
His late-game is not that bad - that's a weird misconception. He plays a lot like other clean-ups that can split push in a team role (IE Nidalee). He's an odd pick, and I like that, but he's very valuable early and late.

Imo, one of the things that really kills Shaco is that he cant farm well at all mid-late game. Jungle mobs just get too much health that it really starts to slow you down. Miss a gank or two early and you wont come back even if you try. Shaco has no life-line back up plan that involves jungle clearing. Even a shiv becomes outated after the 15 minute mark unless you have a lot of gold to back it up.

Owl Be Back

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmorak View Post
Agree'd. Like I said earlier, I am pretty sure that not even Riot understands Shaco. Very, very few people do.
see my above post. Shaco needs a nerf and riot is right to do it