Shaco Nerf Makes 0 Sense..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-31-2013
7 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethminite View Post
Should he be getting a little late game help for if he doesn't get those early ganks and falls behind though?

Or is his role as a split pusher late game enough?
His late-game is not that bad - that's a weird misconception. He plays a lot like other clean-ups that can split push in a team role (IE Nidalee). He's an odd pick, and I like that, but he's very valuable early and late.

Zerglinator

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
His late-game is not that bad - that's a weird misconception. He plays a lot like other clean-ups that can split push in a team role (IE Nidalee). He's an odd pick, and I like that, but he's very valuable early and late.
But that goes against the laws that GD wrote down and refuses to back up!

Slick Man

01-31-2013

He deserved it

slamor

01-31-2013

The counter argument is if a jungle invade is done. Good luck shaco clearing the golem with one box.

TheLostSkeleton

01-31-2013

I feel like I have to work twice as hard to win in Ranked with Shaco since season two changes. People in soloQ at low ELO (1200~1300s) feel that you split pushing is reason to commit to an all in on the enemy team.

He also gives a sense of over value to a teammate's skills when it's you popping up and doing the damage before the carry takes the kill. I have tried to get lanes fed as jungle but if they weren't playing better than their lane when it comes to a team fight it won't matter.

My rant is that Shaco only boosts ego and people have no sense of actual abilities because shaco's ganks never get factored into their brains as to why they got that kill.

datPanda

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
But that goes against the laws that GD wrote down and refuses to back up!
I think this is caused by people ganking with him early, getting used to taking on champions, and forgetting that other champs scale into late game too, causing him to get bursted.

ninbushido

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Shaco aside, was MF really OP? Why was the ratio on her Bullet Time hit so bad.

ReŠ Square

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamor View Post
The counter argument is if a jungle invade is done. Good luck shaco clearing the golem with one box.
Actually he can still do it, recently played a game where we got lvl 1 aced and got 0 help in jungle still managed to do a full clear and stay rather healthy, although it cuts down your speed and ganking in the first 4 levels dramatically its not as hurtful as people think.

Spew

01-31-2013

@morello Why was q radius nerfed?

Gorsz

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninbushido View Post
Shaco aside, was MF really OP? Why was the ratio on her Bullet Time hit so bad.

Because it was strong as ****!!

It really was... it was like an AP carry aoe team wide nuke on an ADC.

Do not forget that Riot buffed MF ult not that long ago.