Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Shaco Nerf Makes 0 Sense..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sabunn

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
ViSuoLize:
I always knew Shaco had potential under good hands. But he did not need the nerf. And if you guys really wanted to nerf him cause of the the early ganking potential then i think you guys should have just came out and said that instead of telling people he was being nerfed because of how easy his jungling is.

The nerfs you guys gave him did not go with the reasoning on the video.



To bad they didnt say that was the reason he is getting nerfed. GOD youre stubborn


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-31-2013

Quote:
datPanda:
Is it possible to rework him somehow?

I understand that high skillcap champions are powerful when highly skilled players use them, but balancing for 2000elo players is a lot like only balancing for 1% of your entire userbase, or whatever the percentage is. Most of us will never reach that 2000elo spot, which is probably the cause of the backlash.

Shaco might have a decent amount of health after his clear, but he certainly doesn't clear very quickly.


His clears aren't that far-off - they're not the fastest, but when you're a great ganker, should they be?

To make more than 1-2 junglers viable, we'd have to be sure that the best gankers aren't the same champions as fastest clearers.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS13940001471ffbdf28d0e

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Altough this is not the subject, but don't you think you overbuffed Tryndamere?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lethminite

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Morello:
His clears aren't that far-off - they're not the fastest, but when you're a great ganker, should they be?

To make more than 1-2 junglers viable, we'd have to be sure that the best gankers aren't the same champions as fastest clearers.



Should he be getting a little late game help for if he doesn't get those early ganks and falls behind though?

Or is his role as a split pusher late game enough?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-31-2013

Quote:
ViSuoLize:
I always knew Shaco had potential under good hands. But he did not need the nerf. And if you guys really wanted to nerf him cause of the the early ganking potential then i think you guys should have just came out and said that instead of telling people he was being nerfed because of how easy his jungling is.

The nerfs you guys gave him did not go with the reasoning on the video.


Adding reaction time for opponents to fast and safe ganks totally lines up with our nerfs. We didn't want to make Shaco have to go shop before he ganks (that would kick Shaco in the junk really hard), so instead, you nerf the raw power of that fast gank by giving the enemy some recourse (warding). Shaco gets to not get dumped on in PvE, but opponents get to react to his presence.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orinoko

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Have you ever thought about taking some of his power from ganks and maybe putting it into more teamfight viability? Or do you feel like that would take too much away from the way he plays?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

datPanda

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Morello:
His clears aren't that far-off - they're not the fastest, but when you're a great ganker, should they be?

To make more than 1-2 junglers viable, we'd have to be sure that the best gankers aren't the same champions as fastest clearers.


That makes sense. I agree with you on that, I suppose we'll have to see how well he can gank after this nerf goes live. I have played him a few times this season and he seemed a bit slower on the clear, which is a nightmare if you can not get any ganks set up. I always assumed just by playing Shaco you caused the other teams to play extremely passively in lane and lose CS.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

epaR sbooN

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Gorsz:
You're mentally retarded and most people who post seem to agree, go read how many posters have called you stupid its really funny.

So im not going to waste my time anymore.

Peace

Haha.... even Morello posts that you're not correct.. too funny.

yes and even when he was proven wrong by morello he keeps talking ****
/close useless thread


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViSuoLize

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Sabunn:
To bad they didnt say that was the reason he is getting nerfed. GOD youre stubborn

Gosh you're ignorant. Watch the video closely stupid.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ReÐ Square

Junior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Morello:
His clears aren't that far-off - they're not the fastest, but when you're a great ganker, should they be?

To make more than 1-2 junglers viable, we'd have to be sure that the best gankers aren't the same champions as fastest clearers.


Any jungler that can clear double buff and beat his opponent to his second buff is godlike in the jungle. Again the Q range is the wrong thing to be hitting....