Shaco Nerf Makes 0 Sense..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

datPanda

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Except his problem cases are in 2000+ elo.

This reaction is expected, because the common opinion of this is that Shaco sucks, when he factually is really strong. When the argument is "he's really bad, why nerf" I can't discuss that because your argument is based on something that's just not correct here.
Is it possible to rework him somehow?

I understand that high skillcap champions are powerful when highly skilled players use them, but balancing for 2000elo players is a lot like only balancing for 1% of your entire userbase, or whatever the percentage is. Most of us will never reach that 2000elo spot, which is probably the cause of the backlash.

Shaco might have a decent amount of health after his clear, but he certainly doesn't clear very quickly.

Sabunn

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisottoNero View Post
When are you going to man up and tell your team to remake Shaco and other problem heroes?
This literally makes no sense.

ViSuoLize

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper Blood View Post
Why do you waste your time explaining why you nerf a strong champion? 1k elo players are bad and doesn't understand **** about this game.
Theres people who don't even play elo and are probably better than you.

ReŠ Square

01-31-2013

I find getting a GA on shaco shaco gives insane initiation. You q or walk in box, jump on the squishy and by the time you die and your GA is popped your team has won or if its going south you can deceive away. Shaco is one of the better solo q junglers.... I think the damage on early knives needed to be reduced not the deceive range.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-31-2013
4 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TauManifesto View Post
OP just got school by Morello.

People just don't understand why Shaco so strong. I'm pretty sure nobody likes playing Shaco, Shaco is just easy to get wins with. Hence people play Shaco. Shaco is like Teemo, anti-fun mechanics. Only play to piss off enemies.
Well I disagree here - Shaco's a lot of fun to play and feels like an assassin in a lot of ways - I like that about him. To maintain something that is cool to players though, it has to have a tight leash on it to not turn League into a total nightmare.

H Minnow

01-31-2013

Quote:
He teleports and slows you so fast you can't react. The team with Shaco can zone the enemy all they want unless he shows because of how lightning-fast his gank is - wards do nothing effective against in many cases. The Deceive range nerf is to give you another ~1 second to react to it, and hopefully do something to better your position.

He also split-pushes like a monster, so even late-game he has strong use in coordinated teams.

Shaco should be a ganker, but there's a volume level that's appropriate
Morello, you seem to forget the fact that SotD makes Shaco a lategame monster in the goal of carry killing.

datPanda

01-31-2013

Quote:
Well I disagree here - Shaco's a lot of fun to play and feels like an assassin in a lot of ways - I like that about him. To maintain something that is cool to players though, it has to have a tight leash on it to not turn League into a total nightmare.
You mean like Khazix?

Salamander Joe

01-31-2013

I went legendary as shaco a couple games ago and I don't think he's OP...

Spew

01-31-2013

I think you should nerf eve some more then.

ViSuoLize

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TauManifesto View Post
OP just got school by Morello.

People just don't understand why Shaco so strong. I'm pretty sure nobody likes playing Shaco, Shaco is just easy to get wins with. Hence people play Shaco. Shaco is like Teemo, anti-fun mechanics. Only play to piss off enemies.
Shaco isn't that easy to use...