Shaco Nerf Makes 0 Sense..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

H Minnow

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Anyone here ever try SotD shaco? It works, allows him to assasinate a squishy lategame and makes him not worthless. It turns the game 4v4 where your team has the edge. You just need to build IE/SotD/preference damage item/Tank and your golden. This gives you the survivablity to live an engagement or get to your target at the very least and make them explode. Usually you'll go for a carry.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AwesomeChad

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Except his problem cases are in 2000+ elo.

This reaction is expected, because the common opinion of this is that Shaco sucks, when he factually is really strong. When the argument is "he's really bad, why nerf" I can't discuss that because your argument is based on something that's just not correct here.
morello can u pls comment on my question about the new ranked system: will we be placed in into the new ranking system based on our current elo, even if we did not complete all 10 placement matches? (i'm refering to players who got a new elo higher than 1300 due to playing ranked games in the previous season)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS13940001471ffbdf28d0e

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Except his problem cases are in 2000+ elo.

This reaction is expected, because the common opinion of this is that Shaco sucks, when he factually is really strong. When the argument is "he's really bad, why nerf" I can't discuss that because your argument is based on something that's just not correct here.
Why do you waste your time explaining why you nerf a strong champion? 1k elo players are bad and doesn't understand **** about this game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fan4tic

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Except his problem cases are in 2000+ elo.

This reaction is expected, because the common opinion of this is that Shaco sucks, when he factually is really strong. When the argument is "he's really bad, why nerf" I can't discuss that because your argument is based on something that's just not correct here.
yea exactly. b/c people aren't stupid with him and i know a lot of high elos
who main shaco jungle, and they take advantage of the fact he can easily snowball lanes, go around wards, and dominate the game.
he's banned over 50% of my games in ranked because they understand that warding once just won't counter him and you have to change your playstyle completely to counteract him.
but ofc i just get downvotes i.e. my first post


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViSuoLize

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Except his problem cases are in 2000+ elo.

This reaction is expected, because the common opinion of this is that Shaco sucks, when he factually is really strong. When the argument is "he's really bad, why nerf" I can't discuss that because your argument is based on something that's just not correct here.
I always knew Shaco had potential under good hands. But he did not need the nerf. And if you guys really wanted to nerf him cause of the the early ganking potential then i think you guys should have just came out and said that instead of telling people he was being nerfed because of how easy his jungling is.

The nerfs you guys gave him did not go with the reasoning on the video.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krshna

Senior Member

01-31-2013

How does this guy have upvotes? Are all of you as stupid as the OP?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TauManifesto

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Except his problem cases are in 2000+ elo.

This reaction is expected, because the common opinion of this is that Shaco sucks, when he factually is really strong. When the argument is "he's really bad, why nerf" I can't discuss that because your argument is based on something that's just not correct here.
OP just got school by Morello.

People just don't understand why Shaco so strong. I'm pretty sure nobody likes playing Shaco, Shaco is just easy to get wins with. Hence people play Shaco. Shaco is like Teemo, anti-fun mechanics. Only play to piss off enemies.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gorsz

Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper Blood View Post
Why do you waste your time explaining why you nerf a strong champion? 1k elo players are bad and doesn't understand **** about this game.
Yeah... I dont understand how that ****** OP baited Morello.

If you spent time reading his posts you would see he doesnt understand the game nor, according to him, plays the game anymore.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-31-2013
2 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamor View Post
Can I ask why he was a problem in such high elo? How does shaco walk past all those wards?
He teleports and slows you so fast you can't react. The team with Shaco can zone the enemy all they want unless he shows because of how lightning-fast his gank is - wards do nothing effective against in many cases. The Deceive range nerf is to give you another ~1 second to react to it, and hopefully do something to better your position.

He also split-pushes like a monster, so even late-game he has strong use in coordinated teams.

Shaco should be a ganker, but there's a volume level that's appropriate


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-31-2013
3 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
They'll assume you're factually wrong. Because this community is deceived by Shaco.
Touche!